⤫1.41

26 days left

26 days left

Chaerin gasped when she jolted in bed, a sheen of sweat covering her skin and her breaths heavy.

She had a nightmare, not about Jisung- about his Father though. The sight of Satan tearing her wings off one by one and gorging her eyes out.

The sight of him ripping apart his own son got her choking on heavy cries and the image burned into her mind.

"Jisung," she whimpered fearful, mind full of the way his lifeless eyes stared into hers- it was her fault he died- that he is going to die.

She didn't mean to call on him, his name leaving her lips as she watched him die in her dream that it felt so real.

Guilt crawled up on her as she thought about the severity of the situation. Now they were bonded, there was a bigger chance of Jisung being in danger.

He was actually asleep in his Mother's embrace when he was summoned, disoriented and half awake as he stood in the middle of the dark room.

"What?" He murmured groggily, his voice raspy and deep.
Chaerin gasped and looked up, scrambling out of the covers and rushing over to him- clashing against his body.

Jisung stumbled slightly as she clung onto him, squeezing him in her arms with her tears soaking his thin t-shirt.

"Why are you always crying?" He muttered, sighing as the girl sniffled. Chaerin shrugged and kept her arms around him.

"I had a nightmare." She said, the images popping up again and the boy looked down at the crown of her head- then at his hand.

"It isn't real, go back to bed." He said quietly, aware her parents were in the house. Chaerin shook her head and tightened her grip.

"I'm scared Jisung."
He felt it again, the spread in his chest and the boy fought with himself, wanting himself to feel other emotions and act on them.

Jisung let himself indulge in the way her arms were around his waist and her head on his chest.
The boy relaxed slightly, his hand raising to her head and unknowingly- naturally he began to caress it without having to put too much thought into it.

"It's okay, I'm here." He whispered with his voice full of exhaustion.

"I'm sorry for being so annoying, I didn't mean to make you come here." she began, guilty at his tired voice and she frowned at how irritating she must have been.

They both stood there, his other hand that was by his side now on the small of her back, the other still caressing her hair- breathing in the scent of honeydew and cherries.

"I wish I was stronger, like you- I cry too much."
"Everyone wants to be someone they're not," he began.

"Just be you Love, there's no reason to change it."

Chaerin glanced up at him, the moonlight infiltrating through her room and casting a glow upon them as he looked down into her teary brown eyes.

Fuck he was falling way faster than he thought

The soulmate bond was like nothing he had felt before, it was almost impossible not to fall in love with the person deeper as every moment passed.

But why didn't it have to be her?

Oh 👀 ok