⤫1.27

Jeno rushed over to the girl, about to reach her when the Demon swooped in and crouched down next to her

"Let me see." Jisung said, voice lacking concern or empathy at all. Jeno jerked on his steps, stopping in almost shock.

Chaerin was sniffling through her pain and whimpers of agony escaped her lips. Jisung's eyes bored into her face that was covered by her hands.

"She obviously doesn't want you near her." Jeno began, walking over and now crouched the other side.
"Hey Princess, are you okay? Let me take a look okay?" Jeno almost cooed out, his tone softer than Jisung's.

"How would you know that?" The Demon began, his dark eyes cutting into Jeno's light ones.
"Why would she want to hang around with the likes of you, she's our friend- come on Chaerin-ah." Jeno helped the girl up, supporting her as they began to walk.

"Shit friend you are then, not to mention your guardian skills." Jisung laughed mockingly, shaking his head disapprovingly before walking off into the other direction.

Chaerin's eyes glanced over at him, his stoic demeanour never wavering then she looked back at Jeno who sported a guilt look.

Chaerin hadn't injured herself that badly, only a small bleed and yet she was still down after Jeno comforting her.

Walking out of her dance lesson, she yawned and dragged herself over to the cafeteria- pushing through the doors and the heaviness in her chest set in.

The melodious chorus of laugher echoes louder when she walked closer and stopped at the table.
"Hey are you feeling okay now?" Jaemin asked, looking at the younger girl and she nodded.

Jaemin took that as a sign she was genuinely okay and turned back to Yunhee.
She was still stood up next to the table which confused some of them.

The turmoil of emotions she was feeling began to bubble up, a new found rage she couldn't push away at all.

It was frustrating, causing her to clench her fists by her side as she couldn't ignore it anymore.

How could she ignore the way she was only acknowledged once or twice within a conversation and it made her realise they were more different to her than she realised.

"Why were you guys friends with me in the first place?"
"Huh? What do you mean?" Chenle asked at the sudden question.

"Like...what made you guys be friends with me?"
Jeno turned towards the girl as he pondered on it.
"Well, I was assigned to look after you so I had to like be your friend to protect you." He smiled, nodding.

Chaerin's heart dropped, the dread setting in.
"So you were only my friend because you had to be?"
Jeno's smile dropped and his eyes widened in realisation.
"No- oh my God, that's not what I mean-!"

Chaerin nodded sadly and turned around, leaving the table without another glance as tears sparked in her eyes.

Her heart throbbed, the claws of insecurities gripping at her and relentlessly twisting it with no remorse.

There was nothing worse than to feel unwanted, what's what she felt like but she ignored the calls towards her.

Unable to contain the rise of emotion of sadness and anger when she subconsciously walked to the other side of the room.

Chaerin sniffled, not wanting the tears to fall when she reached the table.
"Can I sit here?" She asked, voice thick with emotion as a tear fell down her cheek.

Tsk tsk Jeno