Part 1: But we're happy!

Start from the beginning

"I know what you're going through, but it will all be over, and you'll have another little monkey running around," Cenia says, and I laugh, watching as Kat says the poem out loud in class so that Patrick can hear. She cries as she says it out loud. Cenia and I always cry; I feel a tear fall from her cheek onto mine.

"Favourite part," she says, and I nod, agreeing with her, but my tears stop as Ricardo's begins, because Marco stole his teddy, I shook my head and grabbed the teddy back, saying to Marco about how that's naughty. He just looks at me as if I'm shapes to him, but it still causes him to cry.

"Where the fuck is Dante?" I say, picking up Ricardo to calm him down, so he stops crying, and Cenia does the same with Marco.

"Well, you did scream at him to get the right food order," she laughs at me, and I nod my head, rubbing my stomach as I feel movement inside, and I grab Cenia's hand to hold against the huge bump, and Marco decided to do the same.

"The baby is kicking," I say, but the movements inside begin to hurt, and I lean forward and try and get comfortable, but it doesn't work. My breaths start to get heavy, and the pains worsen as I feel water coming out from my lower body. I look to Cenia, and her eyes widen as the realisation kicks in.

"Fuck!" I yell, holding my baby bump and leaning back as my breaths get heavier and I feel the need to push already; Cenia looks at me then looks at my leg, currently wet from my waters breaking.

"OH, I'll get the bag," She says quickly, jumping up from the bed as I try to steady my breathing and remember what I was taught from the baby courses and what the midwife said to do. I lean forward and grab my phone from the side table next to me as I press my password into my phone screen, then press into contacts and click onto Dante's name as it starts to dial.

"I'm on my way, Val," He says quickly as I hear in the background that he is in the car and obviously is on his way home to me.

"Meet me at... the hospital..." I breathe just as a contraction hits, and it hits hard as I groan in pain and continue to steady my breathing, but another contraction hits as I grab my bulging stomach as if it's about to explode.

"AHHHHH, Just meet me there", I scream, and I don't hear him saying anything back as Cenia takes my phone and talks to Dante about when it happened, what's happening before she hangs up and phones Elena to come and grab the twins. Cenia helps me up from the bed and out the door and downstairs to the car in the garage so that if anyone is watching us, they won't see me enter the car. Lukas and Tobi, two of Dante's men who stand and guard the garage, open the doors and help me in the car as I thank them breathlessly. Then Cenia gets into the back with me as Lukas gets in the front seat and quickly drives to the hospital.

After 20 minutes of screaming because of the contractions and Cenia not helping at all, she's a great sister, but she can't help someone in pain save her own life. I eventually arrived at the hospital with Dante, looking handsome as ever, waiting at the entrance, and a lot of paparazzi surrounded him; due to his chains of hotels, he is now well known. His security immediately hid Cenia and me, and we walked into the hospital while the security held off the vultures. I waddled so far before they sat me in a wheelchair and wheeled me straight through the delivery suite where Dr Frabrotta was waiting.

- 3 hours later -

"Last push Valentina," The doctor says, suddenly like nothing, I was in the hospital bed with Dante by my side and squeezing his hand so hard as I push as hard as I can, I want this child out of me, and one last push, one last big breath and there was our gorgeous baby girl.

"A girl Val!" Dante said as I rested my head on the pillow as they took the baby away to clean her up; Dante kissed my sweaty forehead. I feel another contraction and look to the doctor.

"Okay, Valentina. Number two now," The doctor says, and I scowl at Dante. Who then turns white, his head moved so fast towards the doctor as he tells us it's two healthy twins again, and I was breathless for a minute after I then felt the urge to push again. After another few minutes of pushing, our second gorgeous baby girl screams and cries as she is taken away by the nurse to be cleaned up.

"Two healthy baby girls Valentina. Well done" The Doctor smiles; I felt tired and sweaty, but as soon as they passed me, my two girls, in my arms, all that went away as I looked at their wondering eyes as they closed and opened slightly, not enough for me to see what colour their eyes are yet but enough for them to see me barely. Dante is still beside me as he holds onto one of the girls tiny hands in his relatively larger one, and I smile, but a tear falls of happiness.

"Our gorgeous girls", he smiles at them, then his eyes land on mine, and I smile at him, kissing his lips, and he kisses back harsher as we pull away from each other, and our attention is back on the two girls held in my arms. At that point, the door was swung open, and we saw everyone barging in, every one of their faces eager to see the baby, not knowing that it was plural.

"Well, let me see my nephew!" Cenia grinned as she barged through first to be right at the front as she looked down at the two babies in my arms, and her eyes glowed up at the sight of them and also a little confusion. I shake my head as I look at Dante, and we laugh together.

"You've actually got two nieces" I smile widely; I suddenly don't feel tired anymore. I now wanted to show off my baby girls to the world. I look up to the group of our entire family, and they all show shock and surprise on their faces.

"Twins... Again?" Angelo said as he came up to Dante and patted him on the back as Dante turned around to his surprised father, and we both nodded, showing the two girls more towards them, so they had a better view.

"Well, what are my granddaughter's names?" Madre smiles as she pops her head out from the crowd of our family, and I smile at her and look down at my girls again, then at Dante as we both talked about names months before they would be born, although we kept it as a surprise too if it was a boy or girl but what we didn't know was that it was a repeat of the boys.

"This is Sofia Aurora Lombardi" Dante smiles down at his daughter as he holds the girl that we named Sofia so they all know which is which; soon enough, they will have names on their jumpers and clothes so we won't get mixed up.

"This is Sara Eleanore Lombardi", I smile, handing Cami the girl that we named Sara, she takes Sara securely in her arms, and I show her how to support her head as she smiles down at her niece. I smile as I look around at my family; it feels just complete. Nothing could be better than how it is now.

——————————————

Twins?? Geez

Like and Comment