The Laws Of Love 6

Start from the beginning

I did a strange little skip run thing and kept running my way to Aspen.

"ASPENNNNN!" I threw my arms wildly in the air, causing a bunch of people to look my way but, really just trying to gain her attention.

"ASPY. APSY." I yelled again as I reached her.

I quickly wrapped my arms around Aspen and hugged her.

"MARISSA!" She shouted at the same volume level as me.

You see Asp here, is very much a long lost twin of mine. She's just like me. Loud, crazy, and we don't care what other people think. Emarie is like our mom. I'm not saying she's a drag because she's my bestfriend. She's grounded, meaning, she keeps us under control.

I continued to hug Asp, until someone cleared their throat.

"Sure. Just don't even say hello to me. I just bought you balloons and I drove all the way over here but, no problem. It's cool." Emarie said feigning hurt.

"Awwwww Em & M's." Aspen cooed while embracing Emarie into a very tight hug.

xxxxxx

"So what did you do in...whereever you went?" I asked Aspen as we all sat down on my floor.

"Nothing much, visited family members, went around town...," She paused for a moment, 'OH! I got you guys these!" She dug through her suitcase, and pulled out two brown bracelets.

"The locals make these and I got three of them so, we all match!" She said.

"Neato." I said taking into my hand and inspecting it before slipping it on my wrist.

We spoke of how much we missed eachother, things we'd do this summer, and everything else in between.

"Marissa, want to go to the mall tomorrow? I need some sandals and shorts." Aspen asked.

"I can't." My happy mood immediately hitting the bottom of the barrel.

"Why not?" She asked.

Before I could reply, Emarie butted in. "She's stuck working for her dad this summer!" She busted out laughing. Aspen started to laugh along but, soon quit after she seen I was laughing too.

I held my arms crossed over chest, while looking down in sadness. This sucks.

"It's okay Marissa, we can hang out whenever you're free!" Aspen tried to interject.

xxxxxxxxxx

" It might take years for you to miss me
Truth is, I'm alone in this city
I'm broke (hey)
I'm going to wait
I just deal with things in my own way
So please know you're my only ambition
I agree that we needed intermission
But one day, we're going to say
"we've got each other, ok"

Can we stop pretending
That the world is never ending
Will you try to find a way to believe?" 

Bend or Break by Secret Secret Dino Club filled my ears. I quickly opened my eyes trying to find the source of wonderful music playing.

"You actually listen to this?" Rian's voice questioned.

"Yes. Yes, I do."

He snorted, "Such an awful taste in music you have."

I sighed while sitting up and running a hand through my hair, "Why are you in my room?"

"Your mom let me in." he stated simply while still looking at my iPhone.

"Why would she let you in my room?" I asked mostly to myself.

"Because she said, 'You deal with her.'" He replied casually.

"I'm not that horrible" I said.

"Can you just get up? We have a big day ahead of us."

"What do we have to do?"

"We have a presentation that needs to at Mr.Ridge's-"

"Call him Ethan." I pleaded.

"Okay, at Ethan's meeting, then we have to sit in for a deposition, and we have to file some paperwork."

"Fun." I said placing a fake smile on my face. Rian shook his head, and rolled his eyes.

I laughed a little at this.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked.

"You're so girly!" I laughed harder at this.

"Oh really?" He questioned.

"Yes. You act so girly!" I repeated, still laughing.

He made his way to the edge of my bed and looked down at me. I scooted back, now feeling a bit puzzled at what was going on but, still laughing. His arms reached out and made contact with my sides. I couldn't ignore the electric pulse that sparked at the touch of his hands but, before I could analysis this, he began to tickle me.

I giggled silently, trying to act like I wasn't ticklish.

My plan failed.

I busted out laughing, squirming underneath his arms.

"STO- STOP!" I pleaded.

He kept on.

"Please!! Ple- LEASE!" I asked out of breath and still wriggling around.

"Take it back!" He laughed along.

"I take it back!"

"Take what back?" He asked while still tickling me.

God, he's killing me.

"I take back that you act girly!" I huffed while laughing. Weird sound, let me tell you.

"Only because you're so nice." he said while his fingers stopped tickling me.

I breathed in a gasp of air and tried to calm my breathing down as my chest was rising and falling. I then realized his hands were still on the sides of my ribcage. Not exactly my waist, just a bit higher.

The calming idea I had earlier flew out the window as my breathing hitched again and my heart sped up at our closeness. I could feel the heat spread across my cheeks and I tried to look the other way.

"Look at me." He stated lightly. I turned my face back towards him, keeping my eyes down.

"Come on." He said while gently  squeezing my sides, causing a giggle to escape my lips.

I slowly drew my eyes from his hand and they soon locked onto his eyes.

My hand went up in an attempt to cover my blushing face.

"Don't cover it," He said while pulling it down with one of his hands,"I think it's really cute."

Oh my! Oh my! What's going to happen?!

VOMMENT <3