Chapter 14

~~~Oh, what can I do? I'd do anything for her~~~

Hiro couldn't move.

He could only watch as his friends fought off the man in the mask. One by one, they were subdued; the power of the microbots was too strong. He couldn't even hear what (Y/N)'s last words were.

Two people had already lost their lives to his invention; how many more would follow?

That's when he knew. Hiro knew that he had to stop this man and put an end to all of this. He had to destroy his invention, so that nobody else he cared about got hurt. For Tadashi.

For (Y/N).

He ran over to Baymax, who had become functional once more.

"Baymax, we need to get rid of that guy," Hiro told the squishy robot.

"Be sure to use plenty of disinfectant when removing a splinter," Baymax said, not quite understanding. Hiro groaned.

"Not that kind of removing," Hiro said. "We need to get that mask and destroy it."

"Will destroying the mask improve your emotional state?" Baymax questioned. Hiro had to take a deep breath.

"Definitely."

Instantly, he was on Baymax's back, flying at top speed towards the man in the mask. He focused on the task at hand as much as possible, making sure Baymax knew when to dodge and when to move in closer to attack. But he couldn't keep images of a smiling girl riding with him out of his mind.

Suddenly, Baymax slammed into the man, sending Hiro hurtling towards the ground with the man. In the process, the mask was knocked off of the man's head. Hiro rubbed his head and sat up, snatching up the mask as soon as he saw it. Then, he jumped up and ran over to the nearby Baymax, just in case the man had anything else up his sleeve.

Slowly, the formerly masked man sat up and groaned. Wouldn't you if you were just body slammed by a squishy robot with metal armor? When the man turned around, Hiro was shocked--something that he should've gotten used to by now, looking back at the day's events.

The man who had murdered his brother and his friend was the professor he had wanted so badly to impress.

"P-professor Callaghan?" Hiro stuttered, backing up towards Baymax. "You're alive? B-but Tadashi--"

"Your brother's alive, kid. I'd be more worried about your girlfriend over there," Callaghan said, voice lacking any compassion. Hiro's gaze hardened. He pushed in the button containing Baymax's computer chips. Silently, he removed the green healthcare chip and tossed it aside.

"Baymax, destroy."

~~~

"There. Is it fixed now?" Hiro asked harshly, forcing Baymax's helmet onto his head. Baymax looked around.

"My upgraded scanner is functional," he stated.

"Good. Now let's go," Hiro said, poking Baymax's chip port. "C'mon, why won't it open?"

"Hiro, are you going to remove my healthcare chip again?" Baymax questioned, tilting his head quizzically. Hiro kept poking the port with mounting anger.

"Yes. Now open your port--"

"Will terminating Professor Callaghan improve your emotional state?"

"Yes--I mean no--I," Hiro found that he couldn't speak anymore. It felt like something was lodged in his throat. "It doesn't matter, just open--"

"Is that what (Y/N) would have wanted?"

"(Y/N) is...(Y/N) is gone, Baymax."

"(Y/N) is here."

"No, Baymax. (Y/N) is not here."

"(Y/N) is here," Baymax said. A light flickered on, emanating from Baymax's chest. A video feed was showing...(Y/N)?

"Hey there," she said, smiling faintly. "My name is (Y/N) (L/N), and Baymax told me that keeping a video diary would be a good way to cope with losing my parents."

Hiro looked up, slightly startled. (Y/N) had kept a video diary?

"So I guess I'll say a little about myself. I work for the SFPD as a field agent. I met Hiro Hamada at an illegal bot fight, and saved him from getting beat up. That lead to me meeting you, Baymax.

I'm not really sure what to say in these things, so I guess that's it for today," she said. Just before she stopped the recording, she looked straight into the camera."Baymax, you better not show Hiro any of these, okay?"

Hiro chuckled a little, sniffling.

"Day six of my video diary. Baymax keeps patting me on the head until I record, and it's getting quite annoying.

Hiro is the first real friend I've had in a long time. My coworkers don't take me seriously, and I don't have time for kids my age. But Hiro...he understands.

I'm going to go see whoever texted me earlier today. Wish me luck!"

Another clip.

"This is day ten of my video diary," (Y/N) said, standing in front of Baymax in her armor. God, she was beautiful. "We're all suited up! With all this cool gear Hiro's made for us, I've got no doubt that we'll catch this guy and find my parents. I just have a feeling.

"But if I don't come back, I just want to leave a message for Hiro," she said, looking into the camera and right into Hiro's soul.

"Whatever happened, I do not think that it is your fault. Got that? Neither was Tadashi's death. I'm glad that I got to meet all of you and become friends, even if it was only for a few days.

"I...I guess that's it. I love you all: Gogo, Honey, Fred, Wasabi, Baymax. Hiro, I love you too.

Baymax, I give you permission to show these to Hiro if necessary, and I am satisfied with my care."

And with a click, she was gone.

( •-• ) (Y/N) is here. ( •-• )

Bonus:

"This is day three of my video diary," a dripping wet (Y/N) mutters, seething with anger, "and I swear to all that is holy that if Baymax interrupts my shower ONE MORE TIME to make me film this stupid thing, I will raise Tadashi from the dead and force him to fix his goddamn robot."

"Swearing has a positive effect on the user's brain, but it can effect a person's emotional core quite negatively."

"Oh shut it, Dr. Squishy."

Me: Sad chapters! Yay!!1!

You: Sad chapters. Yay.

Heheh, sorry. Writing depressing stuff is good for my soul, strange as it seems.

I can't guarantee a happy ending to this story. The creative juices flow differently every day. Don't worry, I'll edit the whole story when it's finished!

Later, Reader-chan~