Chapter 6

~~~Cause she's bittersweet, she knocks me off my feet~~~

(Y/N) dashed to the Lucky Cat Cafe, hoping that Hiro was still there. He had said something about going to the Institute's labs to work on a project. When she had asked, he had refused to tell her what it was.

"It's a surprise!" Hiro had explained.

(Y/N) burst through the door to the cafe.

"Hello (Y/--" Cass began.

"Where's Hiro?" (Y/N) demanded, a little out of breath.

"He said he was out at the labs for a bit. Go check there," Cass suggested. (Y/N) smiled in thanks, then ran out the door towards the Institute.

~( •-• )~

(Y/N) opened the door to the science labs quickly. It had taken her longer than expected to get here; she hoped she wasn't too late.

"Hiro!" she exclaimed, realizing too late that there were other people in the room. "Great job, (Y/N), as if there wouldn't be other people working at 9:00 on a Saturday night," she thought to herself, mentally facepalming.

"You looking for Hiro?" a voice asked from behind (Y/N). She spun around quickly, coming dangerously close to a popping bubblegum bubble. The girl in front of her had short, black hair with a purple streak. She was about 5' 3", and looked capable of anything. (Y/N) nodded. The girl held out her hand for (Y/N) to shake.

"The name's Gogo," she said. (Y/N) shook her hand. Suddenly, Gogo grabbed (Y/N)'s hand and started tugging her to a secluded office in the lab.

"Yo Hiro, your girlfriend's here!" Gogo called out.

"I-I'm not--" (Y/N) stuttered, face flushed. So what if she had a tiny, microscopic crush on Hiro? It didn't matter, and she didn't care.

Yeah, let the blush do the talking.

Hiro suddenly appeared out from behind of a box of robot parts. "She's not my girlfriend, Gogo," Hiro said, rolling his eyes.

"Hmm? Hiro has a girlfriend? Why does nobody tell me these things?!" a tall, blonde girl with red glasses appeared behind Gogo.

"Um, he's not--"

"So Hiro finally got a girl, eh?" some guy in a beanie interrupted. "High five, bro!"

"Hiro isn't--" (Y/N) protested, but got cut off again.

"Guys, back off of him," a sturdily-built African American boy said. "Hiro's probably just embarrassed." By this point, both (Y/N) and Hiro were blushing very red.

"WE'RE NOT DATING!" the pair yelled in unison. The four people stared blankly for a moment, then burst out into obnoxious laughter.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes. "Look, I'm sure that you're all very nice people, and there'll be time for introductions and hanging out later," she said. "But for right now, I need to discuss something really important with Hiro, so could you please give us a moment?"

The group didn't move an inch.

(Y/N) sighed. Explaining this might take a while.

( •-• ) Blalalala ( •-• )

Bonus:

"They're totally a thing," Honey Lemon whispered to Gogo. Gogo nodded solemnly and whispered in the most serious of voices, "I ship it."

So how do you guys like the chapters so far? I've been seeing a lot of authors of other Hiro x Readers commenting. We've gotta stick together yo (Д)

Thanks for reading, Reader-chan~!