Chapter 2

(Y/N) = your name
(L/N) = last name
(F/P) = favorite pastry

~~~She pushed me in the pool at our last school reunion~~~
"So, what's a guy with obvious talent and smarts doing at an illegal bot fight?" (Y/N) asked Hiro as he directed her to his house. Yep, she had to escort him home; it was part of her job. You could call it a witness protection program.
"You know, it's funny. My brother keeps asking me the same question," he said sarcastically. She smiled a bit. This guy wasn't half bad. "What are you doing...whatever you do, miss 'Call Me Special Agent (Y/N)'?" he remarked.
(Y/N) chuckled a little. "Same situation as you, except I got caught," she said. Hiro blinked. A girl like (Y/N), an illegal bot fighter? No way.
"I traded my freedom for my skills. You'd be surprised what a little martial arts and quick thinking can get you out of," she finished.
Soon, Hiro was telling (Y/N) all about his life: how he'd graduated at thirteen, about his older brother and aunt, and how his overpowered robot worked. It was quite interesting to her; she wasn't extremely interested in robotics, but she liked to soak in all the information she came across.
"And this is where I live," Hiro said, gesturing to a small cafe titled "The Lucky Cat Cafe".
"It's got a nice ring to it," (Y/N) commented as she stepped inside. it was quite late now, around 10:30 pm, so she was surprised to see a woman still working behind the counter. The woman looked from Hiro, to you, back to Hiro, and then to the clock.
"Hiro Hamada, where in the blazes have you been?! Tadashi's out looking for you and I was worried sick!" she exclaimed. (Y/N) guessed this was his Aunt Cass. She looked at (Y/N) suspiciously. "And who are you?" she asked.
"I am Agent (L/N). I work for the SFPD," (Y/N) said, pulling out her San Fransokyo Police Department badge.
"But you're only a teenager," she commented. (Y/N) sighed heavily. She got that question a lot.
"Ma'am, you should be saying the same to your nephew. I caught him at an illegal bot fight I was investigating. He's lucky I was there to keep him out of trouble," (Y/N) told Cass. Hiro stared at (Y/N) openmouthed. From the way she was so casual when talking to him, he didn't think she could be so professional.
Wait, was he being ratted out?
"Well then, thank you for keeping him safe," Cass remarked, instantly warming up to (Y/N) now that she knew that (Y/N) wasn't a threat to Hiro. "Would you like a pastry? It's on the house." (Y/N) smiled and nodded yes.
As soon as (Y/N) had sat down with her (F/P), a boy in a baseball cap who looked about college age burst through the door.
"HIRO! Where were you?" he exclaimed exasperatedly. (Y/N) could see Hiro was struggling to respond, and guessed that this was his older brother Tadashi.
"He was in the middle of an illegal bot fight," she remarked lightly as she bit into her (F/P). Hiro shot her a look that said, "please stop telling my family that I was breaking the law." She shrugged; it was still her job to bring criminals to justice, even if sometimes it didn't mean jail time.
Tadashi put his palm on his face exasperatedly. "I thought I told you not to go to those things!" he scolded. Hiro just looked bored.
"Sorry, too much of my brain is full of Fall Out Boy to remember not to break the law," Hiro replied. (Y/N) had to choke down a giggle and settled for stuffing the rest of her (F/P) into her mouth.
"Do you like it?" Cass took just that moment to ask. (Y/N) smiled around the (F/P).
"Ich's delishioush!" she said with a mouth full of pastry. Cass giggled and gave her a napkin.
After she had finished eating, (Y/N) stood up out of her chair and pulled her jacket back on. "Thank you so much for the (F/P), it really was delicious! I hope Hiro learned his lesson," she said, smiling at Cass. With a wave, she headed towards the door.
"Hey, wait up!" Hiro said just as (Y/N) opened the door. "Will I see you again?" he asked with the expression of a lost puppy.
'That's really cute omg' was the only thing running through (Y/N)'s head at the moment. "If you don't go bot fighting again, I'm sure we will," she winked as she exited the cafe.
And just like that, she was gone.
( •-• )My updates may not be fast. ( •-• )
Bonus:
Tadashi whistled as (Y/N) left. "Looks like Hiro's got the hots for (Y/N)," he remarked, making Hiro go red as a tomato.
Hope you liked the chapter! If anyone has ideas for a title, comment them please! I don't like untitled things .-.
Vote, comment, or just read if you like! Thanks for reading! :)
/I'm going to start doing Bonuses at the end of each chapter 0u0/