Chapter 7

~~~I can't help myself, I don't want anyone else~~~
(Y/N) sighed in defeat. After spending ten minutes trying to get the group of nerds--who had finally introduced themselves, by the way--she had stopped trying to get them to leave.
She took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Three years ago, my parents disappeared. No bodies. No documents. They just dropped off the face of the planet," (Y/N) began. "I was eleven at the time, with no family nearby or useful skills. So I started betting illegally on bot fights.

"Soon, I was becoming really good at it. I learned how to fend for myself. Then, the police caught me," (Y/N) paused for a second, trying to decide to continue or not.

"Now I work for the police. Earlier today, I got a text offering information on my parents, at the cost of destroying documents of the fire and your blueprints for the microbots," (Y/N) looked at Hiro guiltily. He looked shocked and hurt, like someone close had just double-crossed him.

"I declined."

She heard audible sighs from the group.
"Then a man in a kabuki mask attacked me using a ton of microbots. I wasn't able to get a good look at his face," (Y/N) explained, leaving out the bit about her almost shooting him in the head, "but I do know that he is angry and probably dangerous, and that he wants something from all of us."

There was an awkward silence as everyone let the news sink in.

"That is SO COOL!" Fred exclaimed, fist pumping the air in excitement. Gogo whacked him on the back of the head.

"Wait, microbots?" Hiro asked incredulously. "I thought they were all destroyed in the fire!"

"Looks like someone is making more," Gogo said, popping a bubblegum bubble.

"Wait a second. Hiro, what if that's the guy who started the fire?" Honey Lemon suggested tentatively. Everyone was silent for a moment, remembering how Tadashi had died. Hiro suddenly looked angry.

"...We've got to catch that guy. If he's responsible for Tadashi, he's gonna get a piece of my mind," Hiro stated. He looked around at his group of friends. "(Y/N), did you get a good look at his face?" Hiro asked.

She shook her head and rolled her eyes sarcastically. "I just said that I didn't, dipshit," she snarked, ruffling his already messy hair." That made him blush a little, but he would never admit it.

"Actually, he did look familiar, but I only got a second's glance," (Y/N) explained in further detail. Hiro frowned. This was going to be a lot harder than it seemed.

Just then, (Y/N)'s phone beeped. She slipped it out of her pants pocket and checked it. She nearly dropped her phone as she did.

"Guys, I know where we can find Kabuki Guy," (Y/N) announced, smirking confidently.

On the screen of her smartphone, it read, "Meet at 79 W, 54 N for a last chance."

( •-• ) Here, have a chapter! ( •-• )

Bonus:

Just as (Y/N) was showing them her phone, an alert showed up telling everyone that her (favorite character) x Reader fanfiction had updated.

Nobody would ever let her live it down again.

So here's a chapter! God, I've seen Big Hero 6 twice in less than 24 hours now *_* I think I need therapy.

Till tomorrow, Reader-chan!