Chapter 13

—Y/n's pov—

"What do you mean by that Sam?" Ava asked as he looked at all of us.

"I mean she was onto something, there's tabs opened of photos, documents, sketches, all kinds of stuff," Sam stated as he clicked on a few documents.

"Diane did you know about any of this?" Dean questioned as Diane shook her head.

"No I had no idea, I'm just as surprised as you are," Diane muttered towards the end as she rubbed her arm.

"See if you can get access to that account Sam," I mentioned as Sam looked it up, luckily it was already logged in.

We watched as Sam scrolled through her account and saw multiple status updates and photos at different events. As Sam was scrolling I saw a picture that stuck out the most to me.

"Wait Sam click on that one," I pointed to a group photo.

We all looked at it and could point out Eileen, Diane, and Mike but there was a random girl in the picture too. I raised my eyebrow as I saw more pictures of her with Mike.

"Hey Diane," Dean started to say, "who's this girl in these photos?"

Sam turned the laptop towards Diane and her eyes widened, "oh! That's Beth!"

"Beth?" We all questioned.

"Yeah! Her actual name is Bethany but she preferred to be called Beth," Diane paused for a minute, "she was Mike's ex-girlfriend."

"Oh...." Ava muttered with wide eyes.

"And you knew her?" I asked further.

"No not really, to be honest that's the first time Eileen and I met her, and that was their graduation," Diane clarified, "we met here and there but were never close."

"Is that so," I said more to myself as I looked at the photo, "any idea where she might be?"

"No clue, but you can try asking Mike when he gets home," Diane offered, "although he gets home pretty late."

"That's fine, I think we'll head back to our place but here's where we're staying in case you need us," Sam said as he handed Diane a card, "my number is on there too in case anything happens."

"Alright, you guys can take the laptop and continue working on it," Diane smiled.

"Thanks Diane we appreciate it," Ava thanked her as we all made our way back downstairs to leave.

Once we got back to our motel room we started to do some research. I took a turn on the laptop and started to look at some of the tabs Eileen had open. We were working for a few hours before I finally decided to take a look at the photos Eileen had saved on here. As I went to open photos I saw a folder that made my eyes widen.

"In case I die..." I mumbled to myself as I opened the folder.

Once I opened it a ton of photos popped up. I clicked on one and saw the silhouette that Liam mentioned Eileen seeing. It looked a little big to be a dog but it did have ears and a tail. As I scrolled through the photos it got more interesting. I came across a photo that had me speechless.

"Holy shit-" there was loud banging on our door.

We all shared looks before Dean got up and answered it. Diane came running in trying to catch her breath. Ava ran and got some water while Sam and Dean helped her to a bed to sit on.

"Diane what's going on?" I asked with worry as I kneeled in front of her.

"It...it was outside, I ran here...as fast as I could," Diane said in between breaths.