Chapter 12

—Y/n's pov—

I yawned as I tried to sit up but couldn't move too much. I carefully moved Dean's arms from around me and got up. I got dressed and slipped on my shoes and walked out of the door while slipping on my jacket.

I walked down the streets and looked at the different shops and diners they had. I walked into a diner that caught my attention and made a to go order. After waiting for a while I got my food and started heading back. As I was walking I saw a man and a woman putting up flyers around the area. They ran past me as I took one down and looked at it.

'Missing Person: Eileen Star, Age: 23, Gender: Female, DOB: 08/06/97, Last seen wearing a maroon sweater with a grey shirt and blue jean shorts walking out of Anne's Shine and Dine'

"That's the diner I just came out of," I said to myself as I turned around and walked back in.

I walked up to the guy that helped me and gave him a small wave, "excuse me."

"Oh you're back, did we miss something?" He asked as he looks around.

"No, I actually saw this poster and thought maybe you could help?" I pulled out the poster from my pocket and showed the guy behind the counter, "do you recognize this girl? Her name is Eileen."

"Oh! You mean waffle face!" He said as a smile spread across his face.

"I'm sorry what?" I questioned tilting my head.

"Oh," he cleared his throat, "sorry, it's a nickname I gave her. It's a long story." He smiled as he looked down, remembering the memory.

"Care to share? It could help me get to know her a little more," I asked sitting on one of the stools at the bar.

"Why would a random person wanna know, not to sound rude," he looked at me with a raised brow.

I showed him my badge that I happen to have in my pocket, "I'm a detective and I thought I could help in some way."

"Oh! My apologies detective," he chuckled softly before wiping down the counter, "it started back in this diner actually."

—Flashback, third person—

Eileen rubbed her eyes as she carefully picked up her cup of coffee and took a sip before setting it back down and getting back to typing. As she stared at the screen she grabbed her fork to pick up a piece of her breakfast, waffles and eggs with some bacon. She sighed before taking a bite and running a hand through her hair.

After having to stay up for countless hours, sitting at a diner finishing her essay wasn't necessarily something she wanted to do at the moment. Her eyes slowly started to close before snapping open and getting back to work. Without realizing it, she fell asleep.

A boy walked into the diner looking around for the perfect spot. His eyes landed on the tired girl sleeping at the table. He carefully walked over and noticed she fell asleep, face planted onto her plate. He stifled a laughed before gently shaking her shoulder making her jolt up. She looked around before her eyes landed on him.

"H-hey," she stuttered.

"Hey," he chuckled, "you got a little something on your cheek."

Eileen lifted her hand and sure as it was, a piece of waffle was stuck to her cheek. She took it off and placed it off to the side on her plate, "I'm so sorry you had to see that."

"Nah don't sweat it," he smiled, "what's even got you so tired in the first place?"

"This essay, it's due tomorrow and I just started it yesterday," she groaned as she finished her coffee.