[01]

A large number of people from the press were assembled in the conference hall at Wayne Enterprises. They were all seated facing a podium which was currently empty, waiting for the representative from the Wayne Enterprises and held their pens and papers at the ready in order to start questioning soon as the representative arrived.

Shortly afterwards, the representative graced them with his presence at which some of the reporters were quite surprised because instead of Bruce Wayne, his adopted son Timothy Drake was standing in front of them. He was rather young with slightly messy brown hair and bespectacled blue eyes.

A cordial smile was evident on his features as he greeted them, "good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Bruce has flown out of city and was very apologetic for leaving at such short notice, therefore I will be your host on his behalf for this event. It's a great pleasure to see that you've all been able to make it here."

His stature indicated confidence as if he knew very well of what he was doing and the words rolled off the tip of his tongue in a smooth effortless manner.

Timothy Drake was no stranger to the press people in front of him. They had interviewed him frequently ever since Bruce had taken him in such that he knew all of them by name. And all those years of dealing with their questions had made him quite proficient in easily handling them.

Recently, Wayne Enterprises had invited a group of news reporters to a tour of the company so that its proceedings could be showcased to the residents of Gotham clearly. It was a promotional technique, suggested by none other than Tim, in order to familiarize Gothamites with the company and to kindle their interest. There had been considerable job vacancies in the Wayne Enterprises and the company itself was seeking interns.

"Before we proceed with the tour, if any of you has any questions regarding Wayne Enterprises, please feel free to ask."

A few hands rose up in the air and he allowed Victoria Vale, reporter from The Scene magazine, to go first.

"Tim, would you elaborate why Wayne Enterprises is opening up to the public now even though it has been operational since years but never before had any such circumstance occurred?"

Tim knew she would ask that hence he had intentionally allowed her to ask first. "We want our citizens to be aware of all the opportunities present within our company for them. This month we are looking forward to recruit fresh candidates on an internship basis which will be succeeded by a permanent job if they are willing to continue working with us. So I hope this exclusive tour will show exactly what we offer and will interest candidates."

He took a few more questions as he had allotted about twenty minutes to the whole interview session.

"Recently LexCorp has launched many innovative products in the market that have received positive acclaim," the reporter from Gotham Daily stood up, "do you think Wayne Tech will be stepping up with any new products as well?"

Tim had handled all the questions calmly so far but knew his answer to that question would have a lasting impact on the firm's reputation. Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp were rival companies hence the reporters never failed to bring up that topic in any interview.

And judging from past experience, he had to be extremely cautious while answering.

"If we launch any products it would not mean that we are stepping up to anyone and especially not to such a successful company as LexCorp. We strongly believe that a company's reputation should not depend upon the success of other companies."

"So does that imply we should not expect any product launches this year?"

He smiled, "I assure you that's not the case at all. At Wayne Enterprises, quality and efficiency are our foremost priority. We will only launch our products once we are certain that they have reached the standards our clients expect from us. Several new ideas are in progress at the moment too, as you will see for yourself in our labs today."

"So there is no competition between you and LexCorp despite the fact that the two companies are rivaling each other since years now?"

"There is no competition," he answered ensuring that it would be neutral and positive, "LexCorp is renowned in its own field and I sincerely congratulate them on the launch of their products. My best wishes are with Lex Luthor and with every other firm that is working as hard to bring innovation to the world."

Since there weren't any further questions, Tim spoke up, "now if you would all follow me, I would gladly guide you through the tour."

Throughout the tour in the premises of Wayne Enterprises, the reporters took notes, footage was recorded and at the end a few more questions were asked which Tim answered in the best way possible.

By evening, the event had come to an end and all the reporters left after having tea in the conference hall. 

Tim never failed to set a positive impression on each and every person he met since he was a genuinely likeable person. However, he tended to use that aspect of his personality to the company's advantage more than just often.

And even then he had successfully managed to do exactly what Bruce wanted him to. 

He was sure that by the next evening, applications for the interns would start flooding in. And by next week all the vacancies would get filled and they wouldn't have to worry about that. He had a content smile on his face as he stepped inside the building once again. 

Bruce only expected the best from Tim and judging by the outcome of the day's tour, he was relieved that he wouldn't be let down in his decision to select him as the representative.

***