Episode Nine: Goat(pt. 3)

Start from the beginning

"Jean, you need to get a better lawyer," Valjean commented while crawling through the shadows. He noticed his friend carrying the picture. "What's the picture for?"

"I don't know...but I have a feeling we can use it whenever we need to float down. Where's my family?"

"They should be this way, come on."

Both of the mice scurried through the walls and into the vents. They scampered quickly towards a lone room that appeared to be an office. Jean and Valjean peeked through the shades of the vent and noticed the red fur man sitting in front of the desk.

"That's him," Valjean whispered to Jean. "Jeckles Abbot."

"Wait!" Jean flipped over the picture that he's been carrying around with him to notice the name. "Why write the name? Who wrote this?"

"Where did you find it?"

"My friend was wearing his hat over the picture and I found it while I was hiding underneath the hat."

Valjean gasped in shock. "Wait, you're friends with a man?"

"I'll explain everything later, mon amie." Jean shifted his focus on Jeckles. He heard footsteps stepping into the office.

"We have him, Jeckles," A hollow voice spoke up from behind Jeckles.

Jeckles chuckled lightly. "Good. Is he awake?"

"Not yet."

Jeckles got up from his seat to reveal Jean's family were trapped in the cage. "Where is he?"

"In the interrogation room."

"Excellent. Did you make him comfortable?"

"Yes."

"Good," Jeckles said as he exited out of the office with the assassin.

Jean and Valjean opened the vent door and used the picture again to glide down towards Jean's family. When they landed on the desk, Jean quickly rushed up towards his family. His wife gasped happily and sprinted towards the bars while the daughter followed her from behind.

"Jean?" His wife cried while putting her paw on her husband's cheek.

Jean grabbed her hand and kissed her palm with a tearful happy gaze. "My love, Cosette, I have come to get both you and Fawn out of this."

"Papa!" His daughter exclaimed joyfully while reaching out to touch her father's face. Jean knelt down to let his daughter touch his face.

"I'm here, sweetheart." Jean cupped his paw on his daughter's cheek. "I'm going to get you guys out." He turned to his friend, who already found a key for the cage.

"You might need this, friend," Valjean whispered to Jean.

"Je vous remercie, Valjean," Jean replied and unlocked the cage with the key given to him. The wife and daughter ran out of the cage and hugged Jean. "I love you, my family."

"We love you too, Papa," Jean's daughter, Fawn, uttered in a sweet innocent tone.

Jean smiled at both of them but his expression switched to determine. "Come on, we got to go. But...first...I have to get someone out. I might need your help, Valjean."

"Whatever you need, brother," Valjean responded.

~.~

Meanwhile, in the interrogation room in Fullsome prison, Goat glared at McWinkle, Gluntz, and Sam.

"Are you going to try to stupefy me again, Gluntz?" Goat groaned a bit at Gluntz.

Gluntz shook her head. "No."