Chapter 8- Secrets Have A Way (Part 2)

Previous Chapter...

Cyrus reacted naturally, pulling his own sword out, confused and swung it at Rayna, but she was already one step ahead of him. She hit his wrist that held the sword knocking it from his grip and then swiping her leg against the back of his knees so he would fall backwards, then stood holding her sword to his chest to get him to stop and look at her. To say he was shocked, looking into his cousin's eyes was an understatement.

"What is the meaning of this?!"

PART 2

Rayna lifted her head to see her uncle riding next to her cousins' horse. She pulled the sword away from her cousins' chest. "Rayna, what are you doing with a sword in your hand?!"

The second Rayna pulled the sword away from him; Jewel hugged him and reprimanded him for jumping into the middle of a fight like that. Rayna kept a stone-cold look on her face, "I was stopping him from hurting Andre."

"He was attacking you!" Cyrus shouted out, getting up off the ground and helping Jewel up too. "He could have hurt you badly!"

Rayna whipped her head around, and narrowed her eyes at her cousin, "I can take care of myself, thank you! And we are not stupid! Jewel put a protection spell around the swords so it wouldn't hurt either of us."

Just then, Catherina and Revon came outside, "What is going on out here?" Revon spoke and kept walking forward-looking at his grandson lying on the floor. "Andre! Are you alright?" Catherina stayed where she was looking at her husband in shock. What is he doing here? He said he wouldn't be back until Rayna's birthday.

Kalevi looked at Revon, shocked. "What on earth are you doing here, Revon? What is going on-" Then it all made sense. Kalevi got down from his horse, eyes locked on Catherina. "I thought we discussed this, Catherina."

Catherina squared her shoulders, keeping an emotionless face on, "No, I believe we argued and never truly came to an understanding. The girls and I came to an agreement."

Rayna looked carefully between her uncle and aunt. She knew this was an argument long coming. But she was nervous, not sure what would happen, especially with Revon here. She knew that Revon and her uncle always got along, according to Revon, but it has been a long time since they once saw each other and under different circumstances.

"Now, Kalevi, let us calmly discuss this," Revon spoke calmly, noticing the anger on his face.

Kalevi laughed darkly, "I don't believe you were ever in this conversation before, Revon. But clearly, my wife went behind my back and brought you into it. I shouldn't be surprised to see you here. Who else would she go to when she didn't get her way?" He said snidely.

Rayna bristled at his tone and looked to her aunt, noticing the same look on her face. "Kalevi, watch yourself. Just because you did not agree with me, does not mean it was the final word. These girls needed to learn how to fight and-"

"They did not!" Kalevi interrupted her, "They did not need to learn how to fight, you wanted them to."

Revon looked at him with irritation and confusion, "Kalevi, I don't understand the problem here. So what that they have learned to fight? It will make Rayna that much stronger of a Queen once she is one the throne."

Kalevi gripped his hair, growing more frustrated by the minute, "She is royalty! A future queen! She is not supposed to fight."

Both Andre and Revon laughed, "What a backward way of thinking, no offense, sir." Andre said. "Any living thing learns to fight; it does not matter their rank."