Chapter 57

I swallowed hard as the car parked in front of the Mediterranean mansion, situated in the upper area of Sarriá-Sant Gervasi. Nagtago ako sa likuran ni Seija, tila may mangangain sa akin sa oras na pumasok ako sa loob.

Pilyo siyang ngumiti. "Relax. Maleficent took a day-off. She won't be coming back until tomorrow night."

Nagsalubong ang mga kilay ko. Did he just call his mom "Maleficent"? The nerve of this—I was spacing out so, he grabbed my hand.

Ano kaya ang sasalubong sa akin? May tatarak ba na espada? Uulan ng mga pana? May lilipad na balisong? Then I remembered that this is 21st century. They don't do that anymore. Not until my family declared a war if Seija's mother won't let her guard down.

Seija chuckled 'cause he felt how cold my hand was. "I said relax. This isn't my uncle's palace. Walang karwahe na maghahatid sa 'yo. Walang guwardiya-sibil na nagbabantay. Walang magpapatunog ng trumpeta. Walang mga katulong na babati sa 'yo. Ordinaryong mamamayan ng Espanya lang ang mga nakatira dito..."

What the hell? Ordinary? Sila? How about me, then? Dayuhang daga na biglang napadpad dito dahil sumiksik sa compartment ng eroplano?

I scoffed at him and composed myself. "Shut up, Seija. I am trying my best to relax..."

"Está bien, mi amor," he replied before he commanded the bodyguards to bring our luggage inside the house.

My heart was thumping so loud and fast as we approached the house. This is where Seija grew up. I'm in their territory and I've got nowhere to run. This is the moment of truth...

Pinagmasdan kong maigi ang kabuuang itsura ng bahay. It's different from their mansion in the Philippines. And as an architect, I can say that it took time to built and a lot of sleepless nights to be able to achieve the design. The paint colors are pretty basic 'cause that's how a Mediterranean houses should look like; but the details, from the roof down to the floor, are so intricate.

Seija mentioned some features like: 14 bedrooms (excluding his and the master's), library (which serves as his father's office), banquet hall, entertainment room, home theater, gym, basketball court, golf course, onsen (located at the east wing), and a wine cellar in the basement. Like damn, I wonder if we could play hide and seek 'cause it's hella big! At talagang binili nila 'yung dalawang bakanteng lote sa kanan para sa parking space.

I knew that they're well-off, but not to the extent where their properties can be a shelter for the entire neighborhood... Knowing that his father is a business tycoon and his mother came from the bloodline of royalty, they're indeed the richest, most respected, and most influential family in Barcelona.

One of the most important details of the design was the extravagant entrance with a two-way round staircase, which leads from the top to the home porch on the ground floor. The stone railings is giving that luxurious feeling when looking at the facade. Dark brown wood was the best choice for the cornices.

Arch doors really matched the exterior of the building. There are two palm trees on the side of the entrance and metal fences were placed around the home for added security. The main entrance has a false wood ceiling (where the chandelier is located). And one of the most remarkable details that I noticed was the lighting design 'cause it makes the house pop (if I wasn't overwhelmed I'd say it was shining bright) during the night time.

May naghihintay na matandang lalaki sa amin ni Seija sa living room. Gulat na gulat ito, ngunit napawi na nang yakapin ni Seija. Pagkatapos ay bumaling ito sa akin gamit ang naniningkit na mga mata.

"Harmony, this is Felipe, our butler," pakilala ni Seija.

And they have a freaking butler...

Lumunok ako at sinikap na bumati ng maayos. "Good—Buenas tardes, señor," pinakamaayos na iyon.