This is nice

Steven and spinel sat on his car looking out to the end of a once beautiful sunset. Spinel laid down on the roof of the car.

"She left me. What did she want me to do? To just stand there until... What! Did she just want me to disappear? because that's not how it works." Steven looked behind to see her, he looked back a disappointed expression on his face.

"I can't believe she did that to you, well actually I can,But its a horrible thing to do." Spinel giggled to herself. Extending her arms, she grabbed Stevens hand and tugged lightly telling him she wanted him to lay down with her, which he did.

"I still can't believe she ran away and started a war, she manipulated thousands of gems." Spinel dug her face into his chest, a soft strawberry sent emanating from him. "Is it bad that I feel obligated to love her spinel, I mean yeah I get it she did horrible things but, she died for me to exist."

Spinel looked up to him clearly worried from his words. She looked away and came back with an almost angered expression. She had a hand calmly placed on his chest before, but now she had a tight grip clenching his shirt.

"No it was her decision. You didn't ask to be made, yeah you should thank her for that but just because she did that one good thing for you doesn't excuse the thousands of harmful things she did to you. Well not to you but she left behind for you to deal with." Steven sat up pressing his knees to his chest letting out a small sigh.

"yeah... I guess"

Steven looked up to the night sky letting the cold air blow pass his face, Spinel followed his action laying her head on his shoulder in response he put his arm around her.  "hey Spinel, what do you plan on doing now that you don't have to serve mom or stand in the garden." Spinel looked over to him. "I really don't know, what do most gems do?" Steven gave a light smile, thinking about all the careers gems had discovered and what would suit Spinel best.

"well, they do a lot if things. It depends on what you love doing most, now that, that can be considered a hard question."

"hmm, well, I don't really know what I want to do. All I know is that I was supposed to be her best friend, oh how we used to play in her garden. Seeing that smile in her eye, and the sound of her laughter. It was amazing, I just wish I could see her, But I guess a gem like me doesn't deserve a gem like her."

Steven looked down at her a bit concerned. "Spinel, I've never seen a gem like you" Spinel interrupted him "you don't have to be nice to me" Steven opened his mouth once more "No I'm serious , I've literally never seen a Spinel before."

"oh..."

"But what I can tell just from meeting you, they are very special gems. Spinels are sweet, and forgiving, and overall just adorable. Don't say that you didn't deserve my mom, if anything pink didn't deserve a gem like you."

Spinel looked to the water the moonlight glistening, the trees dancing sways , the wind singing its soft song. It was nice. "You really think all that?" Steven looked to her "who wouldn't?"