shopping

"I can't think straight right now." were the only statement I could muster while I think about my mate that just happens to be at the coffee shop earlier. A mate is already a big deal for me. Why? well, my mom once said that if I grow up, I would have a mate that will take care of me and love me no matter what. She even mentioned about hers which is dad.

"don't worry too much. 19 year old college seniors shouldn't be worrying much about this. Just have fun cause tomorrow is the last day then we have prom and graduation. Life is too short to depend on problems," Lilian comforts me as she encourage me to try on dresses for the party Fraise is throwing tomorrow at his house. Err, mansion.

"I guess you're right." I smile reassuringly. What dress should I wear? maybe ask for Lilian's advice. I mean, she's been to a bunch of parties she should know what is what.

"hey, uh, Lilian? what dress best fits with me?" I ask awkwardly. I wasn't the type where you get to put 50 pounds of makeup and wear 6-inch heels. The only dress I have in my closet is the black backless dress which barely reached below my knees. I would not look like a slut in a party.

she rummages through a rack of clothing till she pull out one. "maybe this one?"

I look from the top to the bottom. It looks like shit. There are lace trims which is apparently itchy and the corset of the dress has the impossibility of covering any pair of boobs. The dress is too short that I don't know if the person needs to wear this just to look decent because it does not. And the colors don't mix well together.

"W-T-F Lilian?! I'd rather last a day without food than wearing that!" I cross my arms. She pouted saying how beautifully this would fit me. I did the opposite, raving on how slutty I would look in this dress and I would feel very uncomfortable.

"F-fine. Pick your own." She stutters as she look for another dress.

•••••

"That's it." I huffed out as Lilian exhaustedly lie on the floor, not even caring if people are looking at her. She had picked her dress, an orange one and assuming her favorite color. Don't even ask what color her room is.

I kind of give up too. As my eyes wander around the room my gaze was began glued to a stop--

A dress.

And finally, my conscience roll in. The dress was beautiful, Swarovski crystals cascaded the belt of the dress, and it was a color of fresh blood. The dress was color of dark red. It was a strapless sweetheart, but it only shows a minimum amount of cleavage.

"It's perfect!" I squealed as I snatch the dress, regardless of it's material. It captivated me, I'm sure I'll fit the dress. As I check the size (which fits me), I saw the price. The price was affordable, so I bought it.

---

As I enter the house, I shut the door close as Dylan showed up at the middle of the kitchen entrance. He is still shirtless and has a box of pizza in front of him. Half eaten.

"where did you get the money?" I hope he didn't use my savings. That piggy bank is worth it. My mom gave it to me.

"I used my own! duh!" he said it like I was being dumb at the moment. I faked out a huff and clutched my chest. He gave me a warning glare. I just rolled my eyes while Lilian whip out a clean slice out of the pizza box and took a big bite.

"get some decency and put a shirt on," I demanded.