lucky

Allison's POV

I felt a surge of consciousness through my hands. I try to move it, but it just flickered. Then I started hearing a panicked and startled voice. My eyelids felt heavy, I barely opened them. I tried, but all I can see is a blurry light from my sight. I blinked a couple of times before my vision adjusted and I can see clearly.

"Allison? Are you awake? Thank goodness." My bestfriend Lilian rushed to my side and hugged me tight.

"I can't... breathe.." I whispered with a raspy voice. My throat feels dry and it hurts like a bitch when I talk. It's like after you choke on a fish bone. Yeah like that. And I smell like Betadine or something. I'm in my sweats and tank top so I feel comfy for the while.

"Sorry. Here, drink." Lilian poured some water to a glass from my bedside and brought it to my lips. The lukewarm water half-quenched my throat and I feel satisfied.

"For the meantime, just talk to me through mind link." Lilian told me and I nodded.

''How long have I been unconscious?'

'Well, you passed out as soon as the threat...' Lilian trailed.

'Yeah, I know. Where's Daniel?'

'He's outside. Want me to call him for you?'

I thought for a second. Maybe I just need to rest. He might worry about me and everything he won't make me even go out.

'No. At least, not now. I probably need some movement. Mind getting me out of bed?'

'Ok.' Lilian helped me to get out of my still lying. She tried to carefully guide me, well, slowly at least. I have been lying down this bed for hours and my back feels numb. Shock made my arms and legs feel like sloppy noodles. I am practically a lifeless person at this state so yep, I probably need some excercise.

I did a few stretches to at least remove the numbness, it kinda did but it still feels numb.

'Do you want me to go run with you?' Lilian looked at me with a questioning look.

'Like you have a choice anyways.' I shook my head whilst she rolled her eyes. 'Where is Daniel?'

'He went to the neighboring pack. I don't know why though. Maybe he warned them about the Silver Rifle. He just said he would be there for the time being.' She shrugged.

'Oh.' I looked down and at her again. 'That's kind of an advantage though since I don't need to convince him that I'm not overly traumatized. I'm just shocked on how someone managed to strap a murdered squirrel while I'm naked.'

'Ha-ha. Very funny. You could've been killed you know.' Lilian stared at me with her 'seriously' look.

'But I'm not.' I walked to the door and she followed behind.

While I was walking, pack members were looking at me with pity.

'Poor Luna'

'I pity her'

'If I was in her position, I'd be paralyzed'

What are we in, a funeral? Well, that's kinda legit since there's a dead animal.

'Psshh. She's probably just horny as fuck and wants Daniel to find her naked.'

'Yeah, and she used the poor squirrel as a prop'

Yes. I heard these lines from the pack link. They think I'm not yet linked but Daniel already marked me. I saw Farren and a slutty looking brunette smirking at each other while they walk past by me.