Prologue: A Mysterious Guy

(My first) Author's Note:

Hey guys, this is my first book that I've ever written. I love reading great books so I wanted to see what would happen if I would publish my own book. This is a heart-felt story, hopefully. Like I said I am an amateur, but I will try my best with this book. And I will try my best to make no grammar mistakes so that it will be easier for you guys to read this. 

THX so much for choosing to read this book!! ENJOYYYYYY...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rylie's Pov

It was my first day back at school after the summer holiday. I was finally in grade 8, my last year of middle school. As I walked through the middle school hallways I felt super excited, but nervous at the same time because I didn't know what to expect next. 

As I walked on to my locker, number 175, I looked at all the kids around me. There were some new kids, too. They seemed very nice. They all seemed excited, except for one kid. Her name was Ella also known as the "Queen Bee" Ella. She was so mean, no one wanted to be around her, except her friends of course who are more like servants than friends.

Ella looked at me disgusted. My eyes grew wide as I slowly examined myself. Was there a chocolate smudge on my face or something? Or was it my supper cute dress, if I don't say so myself. Did it look weird or something? Ella slowly walked over to me with a devilish grin. Oh no, definitely not a good sign. 

"Hey Cinderella," Ella said to me in an evil tone. "Where did you just come from? The dungeon?" Ella and her friends started laughing hard. They were literally laughing like little witches. Besides, the thing that she said about me, which I assume was a "joke", wasn't funny at all. They were literally embarrassing themselves not me. "Immature human beings," I thought, rolling my eyes.

"No, I didn't step-sister," I replied with annoyance laced in my voice. Girls, give me a break, it's literally still the first day of school, no need to raise any havoc around here. 

Everyone looked between me and Ella and they all start clapping. I felt really good about myself. I mean someone had to tell Ella off at some point. All of her "friends" were looking at me with angered expressions. Because I had embarrassed their supposed "friend".  Ella's face slowly turned red, you could literally see steam coming out of her ears. She walked up towards me and was about to slap my face, when out of nowhere comes this random guy, also known as my savior, and he steps between me and Ella. 

Ella's face became as pale as snow white, what can I say, I'm a Disney fan. Her face softens and she plastered a smile. I couldn't really see his reaction since I'm behind him as he proceeds to shield me with his body. Awww! That's so sweet! But why would he do that for me? 

"Hi sweetie! Now who are you?" she said in a very uncomfortable tone. She's trying too hard to make him like her. Plus, "sweetie"  is more like what you'd call your child. I cringed so badly at her failed attempts to woo him. All of her friends were just giggling behind her.

Anyways is she just on her period or is it something else? Cause she switched moods as fast as flash running a mile in a minute. Now I realize all of the girls are looking at him in awe and all the boys seemed to either be jealous of him or look at him in admiration. Then I wonder if this guy is some kind of celebrity to receive such admiration or he's just really good looking. 

 "I'm Ella, welcome to Toner Academia!" she said as if she wasn't just about to slap my face. He ignored her.

"Rylie, are you okay?" the mysterious guy asked as he turned towards me. Ok, it turns out he's just really good looking. He has tan skin that's paired with electric green eyes. Am I dreaming? Because I'm pretty sure that I just met the man of my dreams but the real question is, who in the world is this guy and how does he know my name? Everyone stared at me, giving me the "you know this guy?" look, when obviously I don't. 

"Ummm... ya, are you okay?" I asked with uncertainty in my voice. Great, I just had to go and ask a stupid question like that.  He just smiled and proceeded to walk away. It was just like in the movies, where a guy comes out of nowhere, saves you from your worst nightmare, and then disappear. "Creepy," I thought.  

After that day on, I never saw the guy again.

I wish that I could've at least maybe have said thank you and sorry, but as you know, I didn't do that. Instead I let him get away with a smile on his face. Not knowing that that might've been the last time that I would ever see him. 

There are some possibilities as to why he disappeared or appeared in the first place. First, he might've been a new student. Now that I think about it, it makes no sense. Why bother coming to school for a day or a few hours when you're not even going to that school? Secondly, he could just be visiting for one day, but that doesn't explain how he knows my name. Maybe he's one of my brother's friends? I really don't know. There's only one thing for certain, he's a mysterious guy. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

That was my prologue. I know it might be a bit confusing. At first I wasn't even sure on how I was going to format this story. It took quite a while, but now it's finally done, I think. Sorry about all the grammar mistakes. Yayy! Leave some comments down below on some suggestions. And on how I could improve this chapter. Hopefully the next chapters will be longer :)

-Jesinga-

P.S. I will tell you guys the publishing schedule soon, so that you will know when the next chapter will be out.