10

HIKARI

I kept asking myself that question over and over again, it only made my head hurt more. For some reason I felt like I should know that name but when I tried to remember, a dull ache happened.

Frowning at myself, I let my eyes fall back onto my disappearing arm. There wasn't much left of it and I felt sadness sweep over me again.

Lifting up the limb, or what's left of it, I inspected it.

Hah, what is there left to inspect? It's practically transparent.

I felt tears swell up in my eyes, letting out a frustrated yell. I curled myself into a ball, cradling my arm. Letting out pitiful sobs, I closed my eyes.

I just wish this pain would be over soon.

SORA

I flinched in alarm when a surge of pain flowed up one of my arms. It felt completely numb right after and I looked at it confused.

I raised my other hand and brought it down to slap my arm.

Nothing, not even pain.

What the heck?

I raised my arm to try again until Ienzo came back and looked at my raised hand then to me. "Uhm, what are you doing?"

Embarrassed, I let my arm fall back to my side. "N-Nothing." I stuttered out. "My arm just suddenly became numb, but before that it hurt really bad."

Ienzo approached me, carefully lifting my numb arm and inspecting it. "Hm, I see." His eyes scanned it. "Sora, remember you told me how you saw your friend's arm disappearing? Maybe...." He trailed off, trying to think about it.

My eyes widened in alarm. I yanked my arm back, cradling it. "You think I'm feeling what she's feeling?" Does this mean her arm is almost gone? I have to do something! But she won't let me in, which is making me frustrated.

"It could be." Ienzo answered, pulling up a clipboard with papers on it. "Maybe the two of you are more connected than you think." He shuffled through the papers. "If you really think about it, it would make sense."

"Huh?" I asked. "What do you mean?"

Ienzo looked at me with a look I couldn't decipher. "You weren't suppose to come back in one piece Sora. The damage you did trying to bring Kairi back would've been too great for you, as Mickey said." He showed me a paper with numbers and stuff, but what caught my attention was the diagram revolving around me, especially my heart.

"You mean...I'm not supposed to be here?" I lifted a hand to my heart. "I'm suppose to be---gone?"

"Unfortunately yes." He answered. "But don't get me wrong, Sora. We are all happy you're back alive and in one piece. It just seems that there's a slight unbalance."

"Unbalance?"

Ienzo nodded. "Yes. When that girl showed up, it caused a slight unbalance. A tear, you could say." He opened his mouth to continue but looked hesitant. "It seems whatever brought her here, is going to bring her back or---" He closed his mouth and pursed his lips together.

"What is it? Come on, it can't be that bad." Yet I couldn't help but shake the feeling off that whatever he's going to say is gonna be really bad.

"Or she's taking whatever was suppose to happen to you, Sora. She's taking your end of the deal." Ienzo finished.

I swear my heart stopped right then and there when he said that. "You mean---she's disappearing because of me?"

"Sora---"

"NO! That can't be right!" I began pacing hastily around the lab. "Why would she take the bullet for me?" Tears pricked my eyes at the thought of her being gone because of what I did. "She can't---she just can't" I stopped pacing around and just looked down at my feet. "I need to save her." Lifting my head up I looked at Ienzo in the eye. "Can you help me Ienzo? Please, at this point everyone gave up on helping me. It's as if they don't remember how I would talk about her to them---like she just vanished from their memories besides mine."

Ienzo sighed but stiffly nodded. "I'll do what I can, but don't expect any good results right away."

"It's better than nothing." I answered him firmly. I could only hope she can hold on a little longer.

----

Hi guys! I've been working the past two weeks and finally had the time to update. It's been a bit exhausting but my body is getting used to it little by little. I'm also getting the hang of the ropes at work. My whole schedule isn't set right now since I'm still training so I'm not sure how or when I'll be updating frequently or not.

But a chapter is a chapter and here it is! Hope you like it, it's a bit short and I apologize about that.