00

WARNING: There will be mentioned spoilers about the main game, KH 3, as well as the Re:Mind DLC. If you haven't played both, you have been warned.

----

HIKARI

I've always been in my own little world since I was a little girl.

No, I wouldn't call myself those 'weird' people but more like its my escape from reality.

I never really had friends either, I was always coped up in my room to get that far in my anti-social life. My parents pushed me to get out there in the real world but when I kept telling them no, they stopped.

My life, as you can call it, was dull and simple.

I still got up everyday and did what I had to do, but my room was my safe haven. It was the only place besides my home itself, that I seek comfort in. I had everything I needed to keep me company: my laptop and gaming console.

Yeah, I play video games.

In my area, it wasn't common for a girl such as myself to be a gamer. They weren't looked down upon, it was just rare to find one. As in, rare to find a girl who actually knows what shes doing besides mashing the x button.

I got my love from video games from my older brother, Sai, who is away for college. He does come home during the holidays though, to spend time with family and all. And when he does, its the only time he and I can spend time together. As in: playing video games. But, its mostly me watching him all the time. Its how it was when we were little.

He is also the one who got me into the Kingdom Hearts series. I'm absolutely in love with the franchise! It's embarrassing to say but, my whole room is decorated in anything Kingdom Hearts merchandise related...even my bed!

I fell in love with all the characters, but one stood out the most closest to my heart.

Sora.

Now you might say its cliche and that everyone loves Sora, but, I just do.

Roxas comes a close second though.

But there was something about Sora that just makes me smile whenever I think of/see him. He never fails to brighten up my day and when he gets sad, I'll get sad. My heart aches when it happens.

Then, Kingdom Hearts III came out and I was devastated.

Emphasis on the last word.

I cried my eyes out at the end and kept telling myself that it wasn't real, that it was an illusion.

That Sora didn't just disappear right before my eyes.

It hurt, it hurt a lot. I cried for a good five to ten minutes as the end credits were rolling. But that was just the beginning.

Just recently, the announced DLC Re:Mind came out as well as a free update. And just like any other KH fan, I waited until the launch/download and binged it the whole night. Let's just say my heart broke again at the end.

The thing is too, I felt sad the entire time. Sure you get to play as other characters, such as Roxas, but for some reason my heart was aching throughout the whole thing. Then it came to Sora disappearing, again, that I lost it.

That night, after catching up on some sleep, I thought a lot about the 'new' ending.

Maybe, just maybe, what if it was me instead?

As in...what if I took Sora's place when he disappeared, so that he could live that happy life he deserved??

With that thought in mind, I felt myself get sleepy and my eyes slowly shut.