09

THIRD

Hikari sat on the ground with a solemn look on her face. A gentle breeze blew by and caressed her cheek, but did nothing to dry the tears flowing down her eyes. It seemed like a never ending waterfall no matter how many times she tries to wipe them away.

Looking down at her hand, she expected it to be whole as if it wasn't disappearing moments ago.

How wrong she was to think that.

Little by little, inch by inch, centimeter by centimeter, the transparency grows on her arm and soon nothing will be left of the limb.

She ever so gently set it down on her lap, using her other arm to trace over what was left of her arm. It was an odd feeling to feel a missing limb but somehow she knew it was still there. Just not physically. There was no pain, no numbness.

Just nothing.

Hey!

Startled, she stopped tracing her arm and looked to the side. She swore there was a voice she heard but it sounded muffled.

Hey!

Her eyes widened, there it was again!

Hikari!

That voice...why did it seem so familiar? If it wasn't so muffled then maybe she would've recognized who it was. But, how did it know her name?

Who are you?

What, you don't remember my name? Y-You're joking, right?

Her eyes narrowed, but somehow she wasn't annoyed at the voice. Just simply curious.

I don't, your voice is muffled.

But you can still hear me! Which means it's working. Hikari, you have to let me in.

Let you in? Why?

I want to save you.

Who are you?

I'll give you a hint: it starts with an—

Then nothing, as if the connection was cut off. Hikari waited a couple of more seconds before coming to the realization that the person wasn't responding anymore. She let out a sigh, somehow she felt like she knew the person but without knowing what they really sound like it's hard to pin point where.

"Hm, I wonder where S—"

With Sora...

Sora snaps his eyes open, bolting up from his bed. His breathing was a bit uneven but it didn't bother him unlike the ache in his chest.

He lifts a hand to rest where his heart was, the ache slowly going away.

"What...happened?" He said out loud to himself. "Why did—she not recognize me?"

He tried to go see her again but something was preventing him from doing so. It's as if he was seeing from another point of view and he saw Hikari sitting alone. Sora banged his fists on this invisible wall, trying to get out and getting her attention but it wouldn't work. No matter how many times he tried or how loud he yelled she didn't see him.

What confused him was that she told him his voice was muffled, why?

Another thing that scared him was that her right arm was almost gone, he saw the way she was tracing it with her other arm. The feeling of sadness coming off of her was evident yet all she did was sit there.

Sora wanted to be there, next to her, to tell her that it was okay that he was going to save her.

But was he really?

He couldn't even get her to let him in!

Sora clenched his hands, tightly. Before a water droplet hit his knuckle. Letting out a quiet gasp, he lifted one of his hands to touch his face. He felt a stream of water going down his cheek until he realized—

He was crying.

His lip quivered but he didn't let out a sob. Instead, he silently cried to himself in his room, glad he locked the door beforehand. He didn't want anyone barging in on him, especially if he was crying.

"Hikari..." Sora uttered. "I want to see you again..."

With Hikari...

Hikari...I want to see you again.

"Huh?" Hikari's head shot up, the voice was a lot clearer now. She recognized that voice immediately.

"—Sora?"

The moment the name left her lips, her head began to ache. Using her left arm, she held her head with her hand. Somehow, she wasn't sure anymore. The name that slipped off her lips suddenly felt foreign to her.

Sora? Who's Sora?

She kept asking her that over and over again. Each time she felt an inner sadness in the depth of her heart.

Why do I feel like I know that name?

The sudden ache in her head went away but it left her a confused mess.

"Who's Sora?"

——

Hello! I'm sorry if I haven't been active in a while, I finally got a job! I've been working on paperwork and waiting for a call when to start and I've been an anxious mess. So I decided to take a break for a while. Which means I won't be able to update for another while when I do start working.

Here is the awaited chapter! Hope you all like it! I apologize for any errors that may have occurred.