03

SORA

"I'm here."

WOAH!

I almost fell off my bed when I heard that voice again. She actually responded! Closing my eyes, I concentrated really hard to envision myself back at that place again; just so I can see her.

The moment I opened my eyes, it worked! I was back!

But I don't see her anywhere. Frowning a bit, I cupped my hands around my mouth. "Helloooo!" I heard my voice echo loudly. "Where are yoouuu?!" I cupped one hand near my ear and listened closely.

It was then I heard a giggle in the distance. Feeling myself smile, I ran off into the supposed direction it came from. I had a feeling I would soon run into her.

Then, not too far from me, I saw her!

She was facing me this time.

Why was she crying? I tried getting closer to her but she took a step back in alarm

"Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you." I gently coaxed her. "I just want to be your friend."

The girl looked at me curiously, tears still sleeping out of her eyes. It hurt me to see her crying, if only she'll let me get close I could wipe it away for her if she didn't.

"Why...why are you here?" Despite the distance, I could hear her perfectly fine from where I'm at.

"I wanted to know more about you." I answered truthfully. "I want to know who you are."

"But why? It shouldn't be..." I was confused on what she meant by that but she shook her heard and stood her ground in caution.

"My names Sora." I decided to introduce myself, it was only fair. "What's your name?"

"...Hikari." She answered. "My names Hikari." Her posture seemed to relax a bit and I cautiously took a step closer to her, she made no move to step back so I slowly inched my way to her until I was close enough but not too close.

Hikari looks...really pretty up close.

Hikari wipes away her tears and I frowned a bit, I still wanted to know why she was crying but I feel like it's a sensitive question so I'll ask her when she's ready.

"So..." I awkwardly started, she waited for me to speak. "Why did I see you in my dream?"

HIKARI

My brows shot up in surprise.

SO IT WAS REAL?!

I fiddled with my fingers awkwardly, not knowing how to respond to that question because I didn't know myself.

He wasn't suppose to meet me, not ever! I mean how would you react if someone told you that they sacrificed themselves to save you? Then I'd have to go on explaining how I knew he was meant to disappear after bringing back Kairi. That itself is a lot to take in.

Then I realized he was waiting for me to respond. So I quickly answered. "I don't know."

"You don't know?" Sora asked back, looking unsure.

I nodded. "I don't know."

"I...see."

Cue awkward silence.

...

Suddenly, Sora began to look hazy, making me look down at myself to see me still completely solid. I looked back up at Sora to see him freaking out.

"Wh-Why am I disappearing?!" He panicked.

"I think, I think it's time for you to go." Man that sounded harsher that I thought it would.

"Wait!" Sora ran towards me and held my hands in his. "Can I see you again?"

I looked at him in shock. "You—You want to see me again?" Why?

Sora hummed, nodding. "Yeah!" He was becoming more and more transparent each second. "So, can I?"

"If you want." I answered before I could stop myself.

OH MY GOD WHY DID I SAY THAT?!

Sora grinned in happiness. "Great! I'll see you later then!" He was gone after that.

I stared at the open space in front of me.

He...he wanted to see me again?

I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face.

SORA

I snapped my eyes open, feeling a bit relieved for some reason.

Then when my eyes focused there was a face hovering over mines. I bit my lip to stop myself from screaming when I realized it was Roxas. He looked at me weirdly, shrugging to himself and pulling away.

"Geeze Roxas, are you trying to give me a heart attack?" I sat up from my bed and narrowed my eyes at him.

He rolled his eyes, chuckling with a slight smirk. "Why, you scared?" He teased. "I came to stop by since you weren't answering my calls...now I see why."

I took my phone out of my pocket, unlocking it. I saw a bunch of missed calls from him, I felt slightly guilty I didn't answer since I was 'asleep.'

Thinking about my 'dream' brought a smile to my face. I set my phone down and looked at Roxas. "Sorry Rox."

Roxas rose a brow. "Why are you smiling at me like that?"

"Why? Can't I smile at you?"

"Not when you're smiling like a girl looking at her crush, gross."

I feigned hurt. "And here I thought you cared about me."

Roxas scoffed playfully. "Of course." Then he looked at me seriously. "So, who's this mystery girl that appeared in your dream?"

Ven must've told him.

"Oh, uh...I'm not sure myself." I answered. "She just showed up out of nowhere, I've never even met her before. It's weird but..."

"You want to know about her more." He finished for me, I nodded. "Typical of you, Sora."

I pouted and Roxas lightly flicked my forehead.

"Don't pout at me either, weirdo."

"Hey!"

After a minute of us staring at each other, we burst into laughter. Roxas settled himself on my bed and faced me. He asked me to tell him about her, but there was only so much I know. Something pushed me out of the dreamscape, as if it wanted to keep me out. I don't know why, but I have a feeling it had to do with Hikari.

But why does she want me out?