01

HIKARI

The next time I felt myself regain consciousness, I felt like I was floating on air.

'I must be dreaming still.' I thought to myself.

So I slowly opened my eyes to find myself staring at the clouds; the clouds that looked awfully familiar to a certain world in a certain game. It was then it slowly came to me that I wasn't lying down on the comforts of my bed...I was actually floating!

"WOAH!" My body jerked in surprise but somehow I didn't fall flat on my butt like I expected. Instead, I stayed afloat. "What in the world...?" I turned to look at my surroundings and saw that the place I was in looked a lot like The Final World.

When I steered myself to stand upright, it was then that gravity pulled me down to stand on my two feet.

I've never felt so lost and confused in my entire life.

"Hello?" I called out. "Is anyone there?"

'Chirithy?' I wanted to say but nothing came out. Then I heard the familiar...chirping? That a ball of light slowly gliding its way to me until it stopped a few distance away. The light faded and there stood Chirithy.

"Hello there." Chirithy greeted, waving its cute paw. "You're not from here, are you?"

Deciding it was futile to lie, I told the truth. "No, I'm not." I answered. "Do you know why I'm here?"

"Well..." Chirithy looked to be pondering over it. "I'm not sure myself but I can feel the strong emotion of longing coming from you."

Longing?

"What is it that you longed for?" Chirithy asked.

"I..." I trailed off, trying to find the right words. "I don't know."

"You don't know?" Chirithy sounded surprised at my answer. "I know you know, you just won't say it."

Well that hit me harder than expected, but I still didn't know how to answer that. At least, trying to put it into words.

"I also sense great hurt from you." I looked at Chirithy in surprise. "You're hurting...while also longing for something. Why is that?" Chirithy tilted it's head to the side, as if telling me to admit it.

"I didn't think it was possible..." I answered. "But could it be that I'm really here for...that?" I ended hesitantly. "Surely I wasn't the only one who felt this way but why me?" I looked at the cat in desperation.

"You do know you're messing with the balance and order of this world, right?"

...

"By doing this, you're altering events in which aren't suppose to happen. Seeing as you're here, it would seem the desire to save him from his fate is strong enough that you're willing to sacrifice yourself."

...

"What was that saying in your world? Hmm...'an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth?" I finally looked up at Chirithy as those beady eyes stared back. "So as long someone had to pay the consequence, the other could be spared? Did you really think something like that could happen?"

"Well, what else am I suppose to do Chirithy?" I finally talked. "Yes, its not my place to butt in but you should know that he deserves to be happy just like everyone else. After all he's been through, you still think he should suffer from it?"

Chirithy looked at me indifferently but I just kept going. "Hes done so much yet what does he get in the end? Nothing, absolutely nothing. He can't even be with the one person he cared about the most, the sole reason of his journey, as well as the friends he made along the way."

"..."

"Chirithy!" I yelled, getting peeved of the silence. "Say something!"

"...even so, you're still wiling to pay the price?"

I nodded without hesitation. "Yes."

Chirithy sighed, eyes drooping in sadness. "Even willing to leave your old life behind?"

"...yes."

"...then so be it." Within a flash of light, Chirithy was gone.

Now it was just me and this endless sky. Everywhere I looked, it looked all the same.

Lifting a hand up, I pressed it gently to my chest; where my heart was. I can feel it beating, telling me its still there. That I'm...alive? Am I alive? I'm stuck here now, in exchange for another. I'm all alone...just me, myself, and I.

Since its going to be like this from now on, might as well make it worth while.

Moving my legs, I walked on with a heavy heart.

Somewhere...

THIRD

A boy decided to call it a night and got ready for bed.

As he was settling into bed, he got the unsettling feeling in his chest again. Ever since he washed up on shore, his heart felt heavy and knew something wasn't right.

Shaking it away, he closes his eyes and waits for dreamland to greet him.

However, he wasn't expecting to be there again; a place on an endless sky. He looked around in confusion, wondering why he was 'dreaming' of this place after what happened.

The boy opened his mouth to yell, until something caught his eye not too far from him.

There stood a figure of someone hes never seen before, but somehow his chest felt lighter when he laid his eyes on them. As if feeling his stare, the figure turned around and he noticed it was a girl. The girl looked surprised to see him and sent him a small smile. But that smile looked...sad.

He didn't like that smile, he didn't want to see her sad.

Just as his mouth opened to say something, she put a finger to her lips in a 'shhhh' motion. Automatically his mouth shut.

She held her hands in front of her, interlacing her fingers together. The girl began taking steps back and he caught on that she was leaving.

He tried to force his feet to move but it wouldn't budge, and when he finally did get to move she already looked so far away from him.

"Wait!" He called out, his hand reaching for her.

'Don't leave.' Were the unspoken words.

Just before his vision began to fade, he heard a faint voice talk back.

'I'm sorry.'