xi

Jongdae had dropped Yixing, Ji Ah, and Baekhyun off at the motel before leaving to go to the supermarket. They separated into their different rooms, leaving Ji Ah and Yixing alone.

The moment the door opened, Ji Ah ran and flopped onto the nearest bed. She buried herself under the covers.

Yixing let out a sigh. "Do you want something to drink, like a water or..." he trailed off.

"I'm fine, thank you."

Yixing sat at the edge of the bed. He let out a long sigh. "Well do you wanna do something? We have a while till we need to leave for the delivery."

Ji Ah peeked out from under the blankets, only her eyes and nose visible.

Yixing blushed. That was cute.

"If you want, you can play games on my phone or something," he offered.

Ji Ah emerged from under the covers and sat up. "I don't really like mobile games that much," she mumbled.

"What do you like to do, then?"

"I- I don't really know. I spend a lot of my time working or studying. I guess I like to watch k-dramas but-"

"Perfect!" Yixing interrupted, hopping off the bed. "Then that's what we'll do."

He picked up the TV remote from off of the dresser and turned on the TV. He began switching through the channels.

"Yixing," Ji Ah began, scratching the back of her head. "I don't think there will be a channel with k-dramas."

"Why not?"

"Because... we're in Japan."

Yixing blankly stared at the tv screen for a moment before setting down the remote. He jumped onto the motel bed and buried his face into a pillow. "I'm a dumbass," he mumbled.

"No you're not. It was... sweet of you to try and find that for me," Ji Ah reassured, lightly patting his head.

Yixing looked up, making eye contact. Ji Ah quickly pulled her hand back. She awkwardly averted her gaze, though Yixing was persistent in meeting her eyes.

He wanted to hold her. He couldn't remember the last time someone thanked him. Sure, the members were always grateful for his help and friendship, but they didn't need to say the words. It wasn't till now Yixing realized he needed to hear them.

Ji Ah cleared her throat. "How's Sehun?"

Yixing snapped out of his thoughts. "Oh, I haven't really talked to him."

"Can I speak with him?"

"Yeah. I'll have to call Chanyeol first to see if he's awake, but why?"

Ji Ah twiddled her fingers. She herself was unsure exactly why, but she could never get Sehun's pale face out of her head since that night. "He got hurt. And I just want to make sure he's okay."

Yixing pulled his phone out of his pocket and began dialing Chanyeol's number. Within seconds, Chanyeol picked up.

"Hello?" Responded a deep voice. The muffled voices in the background filled in the silence.

"Chanyeol, it's Yixing. How's Sehun?"

"Hey Yixing. I was hoping you would ask me how I was doing, but I guess I'm not important."

Yixing snorted. "Is this your cue for me to remind you about our mission in Reykjavík?"

Chanyeol let out a chuckle. "Anyways, according to the nurses, he's recovering. But I've been too bored here to pay full attention to all the details."

Yixing and Ji Ah let out a sigh of relief. "Is he awake?" Yixing asked, glancing over at Ji Ah. She was patiently staring at the phone.

"No, he sleeps a lot. I feel like a creepy stalker while waiting for him to wake up."

Yixing scowled. "Well, thanks anyway."

Ji Ah gestured for the phone. Yixing cautiously held it out to her. He didn't give it to her, but instead put it on speakerphone.

"Chanyeol, it's Ji Ah. Could you tell me what they've done so far to treat the wound?"

Yixing furrowed his eyebrows. Why is she asking that?

"Oh, uh yeah. Let me think about it for a sec. Okay, so he had a major surgery to stop the bleeding. That was the first thing they did when he got here. Then they found the bullet and pulled it out. Now it's just about taking care of his wound. Every few hours they go in there and wash it with some iodine or something before putting some herbal cream on it."

Ji Ah gaped. "They're doing what?!"

"I-Is something wrong?"

"Tell them they can't put iodine or herbal cream on his gunshot wound!"

"What? Why?"

"Over the counter soaps and creams damage wound tissue. It's common knowledge. What in the hell are they doing over there?!" Ji Ah shouted, her voice getting louder with each word.

Bewildered, Yixing pulled the phone away. "Hold on Chanyeol, I'll call you back," he said, hanging up.

He turned to Ji Ah, who had gotten off the bed and was pacing around the room. She was fuming about the hospital's medical procedure. "Ji Ah, are you... okay?" He questioned, slowly walking towards her. 

She ran her hands through her hair, taking in a huge breath of air. She shifted her gaze to the ceiling. "Yeah. I'm fine." She continued to pace.

Yixing shoved his phone into his pocket. Why are girls so confusing?

"Ji Ah, just calm down."

Ji Ah whipped around to face him, her eyes brimming with tears. "I can't help him. He is hundreds of miles away and I can't do anything. I couldn't do anything at the restaurant and I can't do anything now. His other organs could be severely damaged, or- or maybe the blood transfusion will get messed up! If they're cleaning the wound with herbal cream and iodine they wouldn't even notice if his organs are upside down! I'm- I'm angry!"

She collapsed onto the floor. "I'm angry at myself," she mumbled, lightly pounding her fists on the carpet. "I'm stupid. I stopped and filmed a gang! Any normal human knows to stay away! And I was so emotional that I didn't help subside the bleeding as early as I could've... I'm just-" she paused. No, she wasn't angry at Exo. It was her fault, wasn't it?

Yixing pursed his lips. We've ruined her. She's not even angry at us. He clenched his fist and silently cursed to himself. Kneeling down next to her, he gently held out his hand. He was entering dangerous territory, but damn it, he couldn't help himself. "Can I help you up?" He asked softly.

Ji Ah warily took his hand, allowing him to help her up. They both sat on the bed with only a few inches of space in between.

"Can I trust you?" Ji Ah suddenly uttered, blood quickly rushing to her cheeks. He was the only person here. If she couldn't trust him, how would she stay here without going insane?

Yixing nodded.

"Will you... hold me?"

Yixing's eyes widened. Was she sure? He didn't want to make her uncomfortable, but the more she stared at him in anticipation, the more pity he felt for her. He nodded again, grabbing her hand and pulling her closer to him.

In a moment of desperation, Ji Ah wrapped her arms around him and rested her face on his chest. It was foreign, yet familiar. It felt like home. And that sensation made her unsure of where her loyalties lay.