"But promise me one thing," Stephanie says raising her index finger.

"What?"

"You wouldn't leave my side," she tells her.

"Of course. Why would I want to," Brooke grins.

Stephanie sighs in defeat, shakes her head and then covers her face with her palms.

Only God knows what will happen!

She'll just have to avoid attention.

***

Brooke parks her car on the curb near Jason's house at a free spot.

"This better be good or I'm gonna kill you," Stephanie says.

"Relax. It will. And you can't do that cause you love me," Brooke smirks.

"I can't believe I even agreed to this. We're you actually going to do it if I didn't agree?"

"Would you like to go back in time and change your decision so that you'd know?" Brooke retorts.

Steph shakes her head.

They both get out of the car and walk slowly towards Jason's house. It's eight in the night and Stephanie isn't usually out by this time. Her parents are not in town presently, they went on a business trip. Even if they are, they would let her go and pretty much be happy.

Stephanie is in one of Brooke's dresses because according to her, Steph's clothes aren't party worthy.

As they approach the house, the music gets louder and louder which only makes Stephanie to panic more. They reach the front door.

"Steph, breathe," Brooke tells her calmly.

"Okay, okay. Breathe." She nods and inhales sharply then exhales. "But you do know I'd prefer to be at home reading a book than being in a room full of drunk and hormonal teenagers."

Brooke rolls her eyes. "Just don't leave my side okay?"

"Okay," she agrees easily.

Stephanie really doesn't want to do this.

Parties are scary.

Anything can happen.

Loud music, drunk teenagers and what not.

She hates them even though she hasn't attended a party since high school started. Brooke on the other hand has attended a few.

The last party she remembers attending was a birthday party when she was 13.

From what's she has seen on TV, there's nothing good about a party.

Brooke opens the door, takes Stephanie hand in hers and pulls them both inside. Stephanie resists the urge to cover her ears from the banging music.

She looks around and takes the scenery in.

People dancing, singing, drinking, grinding, groping and making out.

GROSS.

Brooke leads - more like drags her - to the kitchen for drinks. She gets two red solo cups after letting go of Stephanie's hand.

"Want a drink?" She asks Stephanie, not bothering to look at her.

The music is lower in the kitchen. Not as loud as in the Living room.

"No," Stephanie replies looking around the kitchen to see if she can recognize any of the faces around but she doesn't.

Even though Stephanie declined, Brooke still pours beer into both cups.