•9•

Song: Dazed & Confused - RUEL

🌹Arabella Brown🌹

I woke up to birds chirping. The sound of waves crashed in the distance as my eyes fluttered open. I was laying on a king-sized bed, in a huge room. Every accessory in the room was white, other than the accents of the lush, green plants scattered perfectly around the room. The sound of the waves was coming through the doors the size of the wall. 

I got up and walked to the double doors, they led to a long balcony. I stepped onto it and let the cool breeze touch me. I looked down at the water and standing there was him. Marco. His back was faced towards the house as he was talking away on his phone. 

Does this house belong to him?

I shake the thoughts out of my head and look for a bathroom. Luckily, I found one in the room. Inside the bathroom was a rack of clothing and a bag of toiletries. Um, perfect? I can finally change out of my smelly hoodie and uncomfy jeans. I pick out a floral dress from the rack. It was warm but I still wanted to feel the breeze on my skin.  I take a quick and cool shower, towel-dry my hair and put it into a loose braid. 

I leave the bedroom and climb down the large staircase. I head outside to find Marco exactly where he was before, by the water. this time he was seated at a table with a continental breakfast spread out in front of him. 

He turns to me as I approach him. he looks me up and down and I see a small smile ghost his face. 

"Good Morning," He says and gestures to the chair across from him in which I sit down. "You fell asleep in my car last night, so I brought you inside."

Instead of answering, I take a minute to stare into his gray eyes. I hadn't noticed the flecks of gold before or even how they turned lighter when he was happy, like now, and darker when he was under pressure, like last night. 

"Arabella, I need you to understand I few things while we are here." I nod, indicating him to go on. I knew staying here wouldn't be all rainbows and unicorns. 

"Firstly, you cannot contact anyone on your cellphone. If you need to talk to someone, ask me and ill give you mine."

"Why?" I ask frowning.

"Because everyone's phone is tapped and Richard has people that can follow you here if you make a call or even send a text."

"Why isn't your phone tapped?" 

"When you work for someone like Richard, you are in constant fear of the FBI finding you, that's why he has all his employees have the tracking databases removed." I nod along, I could tell he didn't want me to ask any more question. 

"Second thing is that anything that happens that seems out of line, you come and tell me right away." 

"Okay, I have another question though." I interrupt. "I'm safe with you right?" After he nods I continue. "How do I know Emric is safe because according to you, he is the one Richard is after."

"Don't worry about him, I have people located around your house watching Emric and your Father at all times. "

"Thank you so much, Marco. Thank you for saving my life along with my family, but I still have one question." I tell him.

"Mhm."

"Why are you working for Richard, but helping me?" I ask. "When we first met in the parking lot you probably were sent there to kill me."

He was silent he didn't say anything so I decided to push him further.

"Why did you spare my life?"

•••

A/N: IM BACK AND BETTER THEN EVER! SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IT WAS EXAM SEASON 

I DO HAVE BAD NEWS THO, IM STARTING MY INTERNSHIP SO I MOST LIKELY WON'T BE ABLE TO UPDATE ALOT (SHOCKER CUZ I UPDATE SOOO MUCH) 

JUST SIT TIGHT, BE PATIENT I WILL WHEN I CAN

LOVE YOU ALL

~ RIVER ♡