•7•

Song: Into It - CHASE ATLANTIC

○●○

🌹Arabella Brown 🌹

"Okay, I'm just heading to my dorm now." I tell my Emric on the phone. "It talked to Dorian,  he said he'll see what he can do."

I was waiting in the parking lot of the grocery store. Iris asked me to pick up a few things for her on my way to the dorm from my parents house.

"Okay, " Emric tells me. "Go home, I'll talk to you later."

"Bye, love you."

"Love you too." He hangs up and I get to putting the groceries into my car trunk. When a sleek black Range Rover pulls into the parking spot beside me. I frown. The parking lot is empty, why did this car pull up beside me?

The car door open and a tall male steps out.

It's him

The gorgeous guy from Dorian's apartment complex that I painted.

"Are you stalking me?" I ask, genuinely concerned. Even though he was extremely good looking, I had my doubts about him. Instead of replying, he stared at me for a while as if he was trying to figure out whatto tell me.

Finally, he spoke.

"Arabella Brown, I need you to come with me." So he was stalking me. I open my mouth to accuse him but he continues before I can. "My name is Marco Thorne. I know of the relations Richard Hamilton has with your brother, Emric Brown."

Wait, what?

"I will explain everything later, but right now, your life is in danger and I need you to come with me." He states reaching for my hand.

I pull it back before he can touch it. "I'm not coming with you anywhere! You're a stalker!"

"Listen Ara-" His voice is cut off by the sound of a gunshot. Marco grabs my hand before I can protest again and pulls me into him.

He takes me behind his car and we stand there in silence for about two minutes.

"He's here." I here him whisper.

"Who is here?" I ask matching his tone of voice.

"Get in the car. I'll tell you everything." Shocked and scared, I oblige this time, climbing into the passenger side of the Range Rover. He gets in at the other side and immediately starts the car.

He quickly pulls out of the parking lot and more gunshots sound. I stare at the rear view mirror as he drives at an extremely fast pace. Once I think we're far enough, I turn to face him.

"Who was that?" I ask loudly. He ignored me and reaches into his jacket.  Right now, the only person that could give me answers was him, which he was not doing and it was seriously frustrating me.

Instead of answering, this man pulls out a gun and presses it into my hand. I sit they're shocked. He really just handed me a gun.

Holy shit, this was my first time holding a gun. What the fuck is happening?

After it was clear we were alone on the road, he finally spoke. "That was Jacob, Richard's second best hitman." He says in a low voice. "He was sent by Richard to kill you."

"Kill me? Hold up, why me?"

"Because you are Emric Brown's sister."

"Because Em is my brother and him and Richard are not on the greatest of terms, means I deserve to die?"

"In Richard's eyes."

I take a second to process everything Marco just told me.

"Wait a second," I say, remembering a statement he just made. " You said that the Jason guy was the second best hitman-"

"Jacob." He corrects.

"If he's the second, who is the first?" I ask curiously. Why would Richard send his second best hitman after me.

There was a long pause before Marco decided to tell me.

"I am."
○●○

A/N: AYO! GUESS WHOSE BACK?

HOW WAS Y'ALL'S CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS? MINE WAS HECTIC AS HELL.

SORRY I WAS BUSY, SORRY THIS WAS SHORT. BUT I PROMISE IMMA START UPDATING MORE OFTEN NOW.

ALSO THE SONGS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE STORY. THEY ARE JUST SONGS I LISTEN TO WHILE WRITING OR SONGS I WANT TO SHARE WITH YOU GUYS.

QOTD: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BAND?

ANYWAYS, BYE FOR NOW!

~RIVER ♡