•4•

🌑Marco Thorne🌑

I've been waiting in my car, for about an hour now. My target entered an apartment complex and has been inside since.

I try to make my kills fast and easy. But targets like this one are always a challenge. Obviously, I accept and do my job, leaving no leads back to me. I'm basically perfect at my job.

Finally, my target exits the building. She crosses the street to a parking lot, where I'm guessing her car is parked. At a safe distance, I follow her. I'm sure not to be neither obvious nor suspensious.

She stops at a blood red Jeep. And fiddles in her purse, trying to find her keys, I assume. This Is my chance. I take advantage of the angle I get when I stop at a small silver Toyota Camry.  I turn around to make sure no one is watching. All clear.

When I turn back around, she's gone.

"Shit," I whisper at myself. I need to get closer. I settle at a random Nissan whose model I can't pinpoint .

As soon as I see my target, I reach for my pistol.  It's not my favorite one I've used, but it gets the job done.

I aim at my target, right on the head. I envision a circle, right where I'm supposed to hit.

I put my finger on the trigger, ready to pull it. I do a small countdown as usual.

"1," My target stands up. I wait.
"2," my target runs her hand through her hair.
"3." My target turns around, and looks me in the eye.

She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I put the gun down before she sees it. When she sees me, standing directly behind her...she smiles?

"Excuse me." She offers. Her voice is as smooth as silk and her tone as sweet as honey. "I dropped my keys. Beside your foot,  actually. Would you mind? "

Her green eyes peer into my own through the frame of her glasses. 

As I hand her the keys as soon as I pick them up, our hands touch. My cold ones against her warm ones.

"Thanks," She practicality squeaks. I nod, trying to keep my cool. She turns around and unlocks her door. Then abruptly, she turns to face me again. "Were you following me?"

"N-no. M-my car." I say pointing to the Nissan. I tap the door by the lock three times and the door pops open instantly. A trick I learned from Richard.

Why did I stutter?

"Oh," She says, frowning like she was sure u was following her. She wasn't wrong, I'm just a great liar. "My name's Arabella, by the way." She casually extends her hand out towards me.

I hesitate, then take it. "Al- Marco. My name is Marco." I wanted to say Alex. It's what I tell all my targets my name is, if they ask. For some reason, I told her my real name.

"Well Marco, I have to get going. See you." With that she climbs into her car and drives off.

I'm left standing by a small silver Nissan with the door open.

○●○

A/N: I'M SO EXCITED FOR WHERE THIS STORY IS GOING!!!

UP TOP IS EMRIC BROWN, ARABELLA'S YOUNGER BROTHER. HE'S A SENIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL.

TELL ME ALL YOUR THOUGHTS, COMMENTS AND CONCERNS. AS WELL AS FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS

I KNOW MY CHAPTERS ARE HELLA SHORT BUT I'M TRYING MY BEST CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT I JUST MOVED IN TO MY NEW APARTMENT AND HAVE SO MUCH ON MY MIND AND PLATE.

I HOPE Y'ALL CAN FORGIVE ME LOL

LUV YA BUNCHES 🌹
~ RIVER