eleven¬

[edited]

Jin lifted Aera up from the couch in bridal style, carrying her to his bedroom. He couldn't resist to look at her adorable sleepy face, complete with her rosy cheeks and an innocent pout playing on her lips. She was ethereal in his eyes.

Carefully, setting her down on the king-sized bed, he tucked her under his warm pink comforter.

All comfy, she cocooned herself into the soft 'n' warm fabrics of it.
Jin smiled at the scene.

He walked out of the room, and picked up his phone from the dining table unlocking it. Swiping through the contacts, he stopped on a certain one and pressed 'call'.

"Hello, SeokJin?! " After a few seconds of ringing, a panicked voice answered it.

"Yeah, hey Nia, I wanted to ask you tha-"

"Yah! SeokJin! Do you even look at the time or what?! It's 11.43 at night for crying out loud! Where's Aera?!" Nia exclaimed, all in one go.

"Nia, relax. She's here with me. I just wanted to ask you-" He took a deep breath and continued. "-can I keep her here for the night?"

"..."

"Actually the thing is that she-"

"You what?!"

"Hey, at least listen to me! The thing is that she fell asleep and I don't want to wake her up you know...she's tired, I think. So I was thinking that she can sleep in my room, and I can sleep in the guest bedroom."

"Wait- why would you sleep in the guest bedroom, in your own house?"

He scratched the back of his neck, and said,
"Actually, I've already tucked her inside my bed, and she's deep in sleep."

Silence.

Until a deep sigh was heard from the other end of the line.

"SeokJin...I trust you, with all my soul. You've made her life so much happier. But don't take what I'm going to say in a wrong way, okay?"

Taking a deep breath, she continued,
"Aera is...delicate, and so, so fragile. She's broken already, and she wouldn't be able to survive another hit. You understanding what I mean to say?"

"Yes, I do very well Nia. And trust me, I'd never want her to be in that state again. I'll never, ever, hurt her. She's- she's precious to me."

"That I get..."
He could almost hear her smile.

"And that's why I trust you so much with her, SeokJin. Just...tell me of what you really feel about her, will you?" She used a gentle tone.