four¬

[edited]

"So, tell me, Aera, what would be your dream job, hm?"

Aera took a moment, while licking her berry fruit sorbet ice cream.

"Actually, I think, it would be to become a nurse."

"A nurse? Nice..." Praised Jin.

A giggle left Aera's pink plump lips.

A moment later, he asked,
"May I ask why so?"

"I want to help people, like you to do. I want to make myself useful, and be helpful to the people in need. That's what my Mom would want of me...right?" Aera explained softly.

Jin smiled widely at her words. There had been a lot of improvement since the last session had helped her pour her heart out which had resulted in relaxing her mind a little.

And above all, she had started to open up to Jin and trust him.

-

"Then...he came into my life."

"Yeojung?"

Aera nodded, while biting on her lower lip and sobbed silently.

Jin tried comforting her by rubbing her shoulder.

Aera leaned into his comforting touch and continued.

"When I first saw him, I thought he was, too, one of them. But I was wrong. He was...different, and...kind. He was the one who came to me first and with his energetic, lovely smile, asked me to be his friend."

She sniffed.

"I was surprised. I thought no one wanted me. But...he proved the opposite. His actions reflected that he cared for me." Taking a moment in between, she continued. "Once, I had fallen ill. When he got to know, he came all the way to my house, he...took care of me all night, rubbing my feet and treating me with wet cloth. That night, I did not feel the absence of my... mom."

A loud sob left her.

"I...fell in love with him."

She couldn't hold it in any longer.
So, she let it out, with Jin by her side, whispering in her ears to breathe and holding her hand tightly, yet gently.

After a while of crying, she continued.

"Dad and Nia, they trusted him. I trusted him. One day, when we had gone out for a walk, he suddenly had confessed to me...about his feelings..."

The girl started crying again, reminiscing the love of her love.
He didn't know why, but, watching her crying so painfully, he felt hurt inside his chest.
He really wanted to help her overcome her past.
She reminded him so much of her.