two¬

[edited]

"Why don't you come in?" Jin offered.

Aera, who had lost herself in her own thoughts, thoughts about him, on hearing Jin's honey-like voice, came back to reality.

She glanced at him who was smiling gently and encouragingly
at her.

She then looked at Nia, who nodded assuringly and then smiled.

Cautiously, she made her way inside the room and towards the them.

As she sat down, Nia placed her palm on her shoulder and stood up.

Aera looked at her questioningly, yet with fearful eyes, and Nia replied,
"Don't worry, I'll just be waiting next door. Dr. Seokjin here wants to talk to you." she indicated towards Jin who smiled in return.

This guy smiles quite a lot, just like him.
Thought Aera.

As Nia started leaving the room, Aera stiffened uneasily in her chair and looked at her pleadingly as if trying to stop her from leaving her there alone with a stranger.

Nia smiled at her assuringly and said,
"You see Aera, Jin here is a good friend of mine and he just wants to talk to you. I'll just be outside waiting for you, okay? Now be the good girl you are and let him talk to you. He wants to be your friend too."

Aera then nodded hesitantly and then let her go.

Nia flashed her one last smiled before leaving.

Aera stared at the door after her friend left but snapped back to the front, after she heard someone clear their throat.
Someone, who was Jin exactly.

She snapped her head towards him and nervously played with her fingers after being met with Jin's hazel orbs.

"Hello Aera, how are you doing?" Jin tried starting a conversation, to which unfortunately, no reply was given.

Jin thought for a moment, then said,
"You know I've been hearing about you and came to know that...you like Teokbokki very much. And you know what, I love it too! And I like cooking it. We can get it sometime if you want."

For a moment, Aera was surprised.

And she didn't know if she was surprised for the way this person was sounding as if they'd known each other for quite some time, or the fact that he was so very friendly.

Aera glanced at him and found him smiling at her sweetly and kindly.

A smile which had the power to make anyone respond with the same gesture.

And Aera smiled at him. It was a teeny tiny ghost smile, but still it felt like an achievement for Jin.

"I'm Kim Seokjin, nice to meet you." Jin held his hand out towards her for a shake.

Aera looked at his hand for moment, then at his face, then with a little hesitance, she lifted her hand and put it in his.

Jin looked at her with expectation.

Aera was quick to understand that he was expecting him to tell her his name.

Ofcourse because they were introducing themselves to each other properly.
At least Jin was.

"Aera." she spoke in a tiny voice.

Jin's smile widened and he gave her hand a gentle shake.

"So, friends?" he asked.

Aera thought for a moment.
He does look like a good person.
He is kind and gentle.
And Nia seems to trust him.
Should I too?

"Hm...?"
Jin's hum interrupted her thoughts.

Aera looked at him and then slightly nodded.

And Jin's smile so was so wide that it could compete with a banana easily.

Aera chuckled to herself at this thought, a smile adorning her lips,which Jin found so, so cute.
You resemble her. So much.

Aera found a little comfort in Jin's company. She felt warm and secure, just as she felt with Nia. That was a first, because it took time for her to get comfortable in a new person's company.

"So, Aera, now that we're friends, I just want to you to tell me some things, will you?" Jin asked hopefully.

Aera looked confused, at him.

Jin sighed, and then said,
"It's...uh...about your past."

But as soon as he saw Aera's expressions changing into a petrified one, as if some kind of panic had started rising within her, he immediately spoke,
"I-I mean, not today, uh...tomorrow. We just became friends. Today, you should go and have some rest, alright."

Aera nodded slowly, subdued again.

"I'll cook and bring Tteok-bokki for you too." Jin said smiling and Aera returned the smile.

"Ok, so...we'll meet tomorrow. Till then, make sure to take care of yourself and have a good night's sleep!" he said.

Aera just nodded and let a small 'bye' under the breath.

She then stood up and walked towards the door, opened it, and left.

Jin sighed.
"I'll look forward to meeting you tomorrow."

--

"Let's conquer our fears together..."

🔸°🔸

---