Chapter 18

[Shin Ryujin's p.o.v]

I saw Yeji getting pulled and dragged to a room, on of the attics of the Malfoys, where she'll be alone with me, trying to hide whoever I really am inside what I am being to her. Am I a friend? Am I an enemy? I'm not sure anymore. I'm only doing this for my family, but Yeji is my friend, my best friend.

'Get off me!' Yeji exclaimed as Minho's hand was let go off Yeji's. Minho gave a look to Yeji and nodded to me, leaving both of us alone in a room. Looking at her face, it looks as if she hasn't changed from the past few weeks, well maybe she will after what might happen. She blew her hair off her face and gave me those cat eyes again. It reminds me of when she loved to transform into a cat and me to a raven. Just like old times, but no. It's different. It felt all cold and chilly once we locked our stares together.

'Let's make this quick,' I started up the conversation, breaking the awkward silence. 'Tell me where the time turner is and I'll let you go.'

'Why would I do that? You traitor.'

'You think I have a choice?!' I couldn't stop from shouting. It felt new for me to shout at people older than me, especially Yeji. 'Soojin said you wanted to.' She turned her head sideways, hiding it from me.

'Yeji, tell me where it is! I know you know where it is. If you won't tell me, you can't fight the next part.' What I was saying was true. I don't think anyone can handle the next part if she doesn't tell me. Even if now I'm not on her side, I can't let anyone experience that.

'Yeji, listen to me. I know you, and you wouldn't like the last part.' I knew Yeji wanted to turn, but she couldn't see her friend that has turned into a monster. I had no choice but to say yes to this opportunity, not even sure if I should call it an opportunity. I lowered my head too and tried to talk Yeji into it. 'If you won't cooporate, you don't know what I'm going through. Help me, please Yeji.'

'Help you with what?'

I sighed deeply, trying to hook out what I was going to tell Yeji, but I can't. 'The time turner. Tell me,' I tried to make my voice from a shaky one to a toughened up one. I lured my hand out, closer to the taller girl. 'It's the only way you can help.'

Yeji's face loosened up from her tense glare. 'Look, Ryujin, if you need any help, I'm here for you but.. Not like this. There must be another way-'

'Yeji, tell me where the time turner is. That's going to be enough if you do want to help me,' I then flicked my wand out of my pocket, 'or else..' Her sort of calm face faded. I followed Yeji's eyes, snooping in and out of my glaze, focusing on something else rather than my statements. Her eyes darting everywhere but seemed to add more attention to one spot-my left forearm.

'Yeji!' my eyes nearly produced a watery surface, 'Do you want to help me or not?!' Yeji suddenly turned away from whatever she was looking at. 'I do. But not this way.'

I rolled my eyes and sighed in an annoyed tone. I couldn't take Yeji any longer. 'I guess that's a no. Brachiabindo!' Unseen ropes by the naked eye sprung out my wand and strapped Yeji down, leaving her restricted and tied up on the ground.

'This isn't going to work, I'm sorry Yeji but I have no choice.' I ran up to the door that laid beside us all this time. Going out that door, I already saw who I needed to help with the problem standing straight and ready for the next order.

'Wait!' Yeji screamed. Before speaking another word to the man, waiting for instructions, I turned back. 'Hold on,' I whispered back to Minho. Shutting back the door, Yeji looked me in the eyes and gave me that intimidating look she always gave me as a cat or human.

'I'll tell you where it is, but you're going to come with me. Nobody else. This is the only option, I'm not helping anymore. Kill me if you want, but this is the only way you'll get what you want. Just you and me, just like old times.'

To finish off her sentence, she smirked as if she was going to do something horrible that'll change the world.