Chapter 7

Yuna was not calming down. She was all bursting out with questions and fearful statements. Worried, I wished I could help but it's risky. I played with one file that laid in front of me, flipping the page side to side.

'Lia,' she called out.

I nodded my head upwards to tell her I'm all ears. 'I'm scared.'

I then stood and went up to the girl who was sitting on the edge of her seat. Then, I hugged her, wrapping my arms tightly around her body. 'It's going to be fine. The aurors will-'

The door opened.

'Lia, I need to-' the girl that entered was cut off once she saw who else was in my office. Yeji stopped there, at a loss of words. 'Yuna?' her tone was confused and tired, unlike her normal self. Yuna jumped up and hugged Yeji as if nothing happened. 'I missed you..'

'Me too, but I need to tell you something,' Yuna replied, just breaking the calming atmosphere with the whole reunion thing.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

'We've just lost three of our best aurors and I don't think the ministry's letting anyone out,' the oldest amongst us sighed. 'You can't just do nothing! I saw the stadium burn down. Death eaters. They're coming back and the ministry's just planning to stay out of it?' Yuna's rage started to show. She stood up and looked like she was going to confront the minister himself.

'Look,' Yeji took Yuna's hand, 'it's not that easy.'

'Yuna, calm down. I know you're scared, but we will handle this,' I reassured. Still, Yuna was not buying it. Yuna pouted out. I knew she wanted to cry like a waterfall, but she also knew she was mature enough to take this all in. She sat back down and had her arms linked around together.

We all kept silent until the door unlatched by itself. 'Guys,' the girl spoke softly. I could see Yuna's eyes nearly widened and her mouth almost dropping to the floor, letting gravity take it all. The woman that entered, finally had her whole body showing.

'Yuna..,' she whispered, thinking it was inaudible but actually not. The two younger girls ran and stopped for a hug. They couldn't stop squealing, almost forgetting what she was doing here. 'Uhm, Chaeryeong? What did you need us for?'

'Oh! Right,' she giggled and wiped off some dust off her outfit just before pulling out something. 'This was sent to me in the morning. I thought you guys wanted to check it out first before anyone.'

Yeji took the letter and read it aloud.

'To my little sister..,' Yeji started off, soon to be cut off. 'Why is Ryujin sending it to us?' Yuna asked. 'She probably messed the address. I live nearby them.' Yeji then raised a hand, still locked into the words of the letter. 'Hold on. I'm happy to finally get to write to you again. This month has been hectic for me, but I hope to be able to see you soon. Hope you've been having better days than me. Love.. Shin Ryujin.'

I was trying to figure out what she meant. Her little sister? I had to read it again, so I snatched it off Yeji's hands. 'It's old. You can tell from the faded letters,' Chaeryeong added. 'Why would she send it now when she could've sent it before the search?' I asked after darting all the words in the parchment paper. 'This wasn't sent directly, I know it,' I said with a believing tone.

Then..

CRASH!!!!!!

'All ministers and aurors, please head to the emergency exit now!'

a/n: this is a very very late update for a new backstory but i'm adding another part which is a third backstory. I'll try not to make it too long so don't be surprised if you found out that you missed a part.