Chapter 8

'What's happening?!' Yuna said as she clinged onto my arm while we exit the office, just after I stuffed the letter into my pouch. Before seeing anything that was happening, I heard screams and the thudding of people's shoes running in fear. Dementors going loose, the gasps of people and the whooshing sound of the dementors floating around.

Then I looked up and finally saw it. Dark smoke covering the ceiling of the building. Rushing from here to there. I knew it; death eaters. I rushed down and ran out with the rest. 'Get to the chimneys!' Yeji shouted out as I heard the flick of her wand, spitting out a spell after that. How did they get in the ministry? Why? I took my wand out and held Yuna tighter in my arms. 'Yeji!' I heard Chaeryeong shout out as she gave a gesture to signal Yeji. 'Go on without me! I'll catch up!' Yeji gave a reassuring shout. 'Stupefy!' Yeji chanted from the distance.

I turned back to see her trying to take on a few death eaters alone. I couldn't let her stay. 'Yuna, stick with Chaeryeong!' I ordered while handing her the letter I had in my bag before. 'Keep it safe!' I ran.

Yeji was now handling with three or more death eaters, all covered in black and silver masks. 'Confringo!' All three dark figures fell back, leaving Yeji alone in the crowd. 'C'mon!' I took Yeji's hand unwillingly then dragged it towards the two younger girls.

I was panting. My fear level was building up. I was afraid that I wouldn't make it. It felt so close yet so far. I had Yeji in my arms, tagging along just to survive. 'Go!' Yeji screamed but it seemed lowkey in my ears. With all the screaming and pain.. My ears felt numb, I couldn't concentrate, but Yeji kept pushing me forwards, causing me to not stop my path. The blasting of the spells and the begs for mercy were unbearable.

I wanted all this to stop. A few steps in and one or two more left. I couldn't think about anything but safety. A safe forest maybe.. Like the one that we loved to play at during our education at Hogwarts. Oh.. The screams of joy instead of pain. I wished I could have that moment back but just in a snap, I was finally in the chimney of wild green flames.

The screams soon faded as I felt my body warp into this other world and go with the flow of the dancing flames.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

There were moans of pain just travelling from the other side of the land I was.. Laying down on? I tried to get up but my muscles ached on, what felt like, rustling leaves and sharp twigs that rested on the ground with me. Moist soil and thick trees covering the atmosphere, like a blanket on a bed, still giving off light. The smell of the coming Autumn wind just flushing to our direction, where was I?

Then I saw my wand just in front of my eyes, I tried to grab it but another person came and grabbed it first. 'Lia, c'mon.' She drew her hand and helped me up. It was all blurry until she handed me my wand. 'Thanks-'

'Save it. Something happened.' The girl ran over to the other side of the land, where the moans came from. Two other girls laid on the ground, one kneeling, one panting harshly, flat on the ground. I switched looks with Chaeryeong who escorted me to this area. 'D-do you have anything?' Yeji panicked as the youngest amongst us was suffering a whole lot of pain. Her left shoulder — splinched. She had her eyes closed, not wanting to look at what had happened. She was whining like a baby, but even worse. We knew we needed to take care of this quick. Yuna couldn't stand this any longer. I couldn't imagine the excruciating pain she was holding in.

'Dittany?' Chaeryeong asked as I was digging through my pouch. Fortunately, I brought some drops of Dittany with me. Yeji stole it before I even handed it to her. Her hands were already covered with Yuna's blood that came out of the giant scar that covered most of her left shoulder. 'This is going to sting, but please hold on,' Yeji sobbed as she did not want to lose one of her friend.

Yuna's groaning sounds toned down slowly as the drops gave a hissing noise.

Chaeryeong bent down to Yuna's side and slightly tapped her wand on the splinched part and muttered, 'Ferula.' Bandages soon appeared and created a link with each other just to wrap everything together. Just enough to hold Yuna for this moment.

'Hold on, okay?' Yeji whispered in Yuna's ear just before she closes her eyes and rests.