Chapter 11 The Aftermath Part 2 (Edited)

Start from the beginning

I was about to enter my room when...... "Ryder?" I looked to my right and saw my baby sister rubbing her little eyes while hugging her teddy bear.

"What are you doing up so late care bear?" I said going down to her height level.

"You were not home and I heard that mummy and daddy will be back late. I'm scared." she started to sob and cry. I held her tightly and carried her little body to her room.

"It's okay, nothing to be scared of, what about if I sleep next to you until you fall asleep? Would that make you feel better care bear?'' I said while setting her on her bed.

"Her eyes glowed up at me and then eventually we both fell asleep. By the next morning, my parents were in the living room watching TV. I went up to them and they looked at me waiting for what I was about to say.

"RYDER AIDEN HUNTER! What was this about?! Please explain to us what she means by that?" Mom said worriedly but in an angry tone. She said as she held her phone and a message from Liam's mom was on it about what happened at the party.

"Calm down Stella, just listen to what he has to say, okay son the floor is yours, before your mom starts throwing vases and plates, explain yourself." Dad calmly said encouraging me to talk.

"Okay, see it was a misunderstanding......." continued. But then, I have my sister who thought it was the right time to rescue me came into the room. She came in and started to speak.

"Okay, Mom and Dad, yes, Ryder was scolded by 2 brothers due to the fact that he was almost in a fight with them. But pity Big Bro, he almost fought with Aurora's brothers because they warned him to stay away from her. Aurora is the girl's name by the way. And as a gentleman, he is going to apologize to her because he could as she is our new neighbour that lives next door to us." she finally said before I pulled her to the next room.

"Too much?" she said nervously.

"What were you thinking?! Saying all that!" I asked her.

"Weren't you going to say that anyway?" Brooklyn asked.

"Yes, but I don't need them to panic!" I explained to her.

" Sorry Bro, but I think they kind of left and went next door when you pulled me in here," she said. I went back to the other room and noticed that they were gone.

"Oh no!" I spoke. I ran as quickly as I could to catch up to them.

"Mom, Dad, please don't knock the do-" I said when I saw the front was opened and saw Aurora looking shocked to see me and my parents. Turns out coincidentally our parents know each other.

When Aurora's mom introduced my parents, my mom whispered something in my ear.

"She is gorgeous, I don't mind a daughter-in-law like that to bear my grandkids," she said and I flushed.

*Why Mom! Why? *

*MAX: Babies with her, a family?! Yes, please! *

*Ryder: Max, not you too! *

"Since Aurora is going out maybe Ryder can accompany her," said Aurora's mom and it was a great idea as it gave me a chance to finally talk to her alone.

"Mom I don't think he-"

"Sure, I would love to," I said quickly

" Well, have fun, and Ryder, send her back home before curfew," Mom said with a wink. I just nodded.

While we were walking, Aurora seemed distant and told me that I didn't have to go but I insisted, i needed to talk to her and apologize to her, explain to her......that is going to be hard to explain my behaviour or should I say Max's behaviour.

We finally arrived at the cafe and were greeted by Briar.

"Welcome to Botanical Family Cafe! How many are we seating? Oh! Aurora you're here..... With Ryder." said Briar with an awkward look on her face.

"Hi Briar, I think we would sit at our original booth," I said,

Briar nodded and sent us to the booth; she placed the menu on the table.

Briar cleared her throat. " Okay, what do you guys want to order?" Briar asked us. The atmosphere was thick, you could cut it with a knife.

"Just chocolate Frappe for me," said Aurora.

"Same for me," I said agreeing with her

"Well, I'll get your order right away and we all can hang out, okay? I'll tell Mom that I am taking a break." Briar said before walking to take our drinks.

*So much for alone time. I need to make this apology quickly before Briar comes back. It's now or never*

"Aurora, I want to - "

" I know, I will leave you alone," she said to me nervously.

"What? What do you mean by that? " I was confused by her sudden response.

"If it's about last night, I can explain...." I spoke.

"No, I know what you are going to say, " her eyes started to form tears. "You are going to say that I embarrassed you and to stay as far away from you as possible and not to speak to you ever again. I'll stay away from you and you don't even have to see me during lunch, I'll have lunch somewhere else. Just please don't say anything anymore! "Aurora said with tears falling down her cheeks. She kept looking down and cried, I sat closer to her to comfort her.

"Aurora, please look at me."

"No" she whimpers

"Please for me?" I spoke. She looked up at me.

"I will never ask or tell you to stay away and in no way did you embarrass me. I only met you for a week and I feel that we have become really good friends like I could trust you and maybe.... you can trust me too?" I said genuinely

"Aurora, what I was going to say was.... I'm sorry, I am so sorry for what happened yesterday. I thought that I was the one that embarrassed you. I didn't mean to hurt you" I continued.

"Woah, that was unexpected, I would never have expected that any guy would say that to me. Or even just be such a gentleman" Aurora said while her cheeks started to flush.

"Well, that means you didn't meet the right guy," said the words that I didn't know that was coming out of my mouth.

*Did I just say that!?*

* Yes, you did and that is because she is so beautiful, especially those purple eyes of her on the inside and that Aura thought, her name does not disappoint.*

*Yeah....... Wait, purple eyes? but her eyes are blue! *

*You need to see her from the inside not her illusion*

I didn't understand what Max was saying, I looked at her eyes and I knew it was blue, not purple plus purple eyes are impossible for a human unless she is a ....... And it dawns on me.

*She is one of us......* I started to smile. Suddenly I felt some strange Aura around her, it might be the Aura that Max was talking about. It was strong, it felt strange, is she one of us?

"Okay, I need to know what happened yesterday, I already feel awkward around you guys, please tell me what happened so we can fix this and save this friendship! Please?" Briar pleaded out of nowhere

We told her the details of what happened last night and she was confused at first but got it eventually. I didn't have a clear scent of what she was, or what she but maybe I know someone who can figure it out.

"Woah, well that is one way to make a first impression on the whole school Aurora. I am just surprised no one started their rumour about this" she said

"Well not yet," said a voice coming towards us. We saw Sonia coming in and behind was a person wearing a police uniform.

"Briar Anderson, you are under arrest!" said the police officer while holding Briar's shoulder