Chapter 6 ~ Dawn

"Are you going to visit him again? That's the third time this week. You've been more in Velaris than here!"

Ciana rolled her eyes and chuckled, while a thread of wildfire circled around her fingers. "I just love it there." "Are you sure you don't love someone, there?"
Her mother's face shot towards her, with those all seeing eyes. The flames around Ciana's fingers rose and danced as in nodding. "N, no! I just love the city of starlight, that's it." "If you say so. Just make sure you're home before sunset, we need to practice that magic of yours."
Ciana jumped up from the sofa she had planted herself in, and opened a portal in the middle of the living room. "I'll be back soon, love you." And she was gone.

Aelin was fairly certain her little flame was falling hard for Brion. She truly hoped he'd catch her, otherwise she'd burn the boy alive. Long life friend or not.

~

The warm morning breeze caught Brion's massive wings as he soared over the many flower fields, wheat fields and grassy hills. He honestly loved the Dawn court. The serenity here eased his mind.
The wind blowed through his midnight black hair, as he looked to his left.

"You seem rather happy this morning. Why would that be, huh?" Brion laughed as a soft blush caressed Azriel's cheeks. He loved to tease his uncle. "When you fall in love one day, you'll feel the same," was his response. Thoughts of turquoise eyes shot through his mind.
He held back a smile, blocked the thoughts. Because they had arrived.

The guards of the palace just nodded as the Illyrian males walked inside the sunstone building. As soon as they entered the massive hall with the huge pond and lilies in the middle, the fast click clacking of delicate shoes echoed through the room. Brion noticed a blur of burgundy red and brown, then an 'oompfh'. He looked at the couple, who held each other as if there would be no tomorrow. Azriel kissed the beautiful woman, before he winnowed them both away. "Well, okay then," he murmured.

He had gone with Az, because he was up for a longer flight, needed to train his wings for longer distances, and he just loved the Dawn court. "Make yourself at home," Thesan said as he walked in, smiling.
They had become rather close with the lord of Dawn. Mainly because Azriel had a relationship with Sayra, the head alchemist here. "Thank you Thesan. I don't think we'll see Azriel and Sayra any time soon." He smirked, said his good bye and took off.

~

The bright sun blinded her eyes, the scent of lavender so overwhelming that she was consumed by it. She opened her eyes, blinking against the sun, and surprise filled her. She turned around and around, scanning the clearing she was standing in, to find something recognizable. Nothing.
Where in the worlds was she?
She had used the correct Wyrd symbols....right?

A small kernel of panic rose, but she quickly suppressed it. She was the heir of Terrasen for gods sake, she wasn't afraid and she would find a way out of this beautiful, beautiful place.
She turned around, wishing she would've brought her sword. But she had her power and a fire filled smirk curled her lips.

She started to walk uphill, so she could see where she was, how big the place was, and if their were other Fae or creatures approaching. Now, her father's and uncle Lorcan's unending lessons came in handy.

She walked up the hill with ease, her long and strong legs carrying her. She reached the top and the breath caught in her throat.

This place was even more beautiful than she thought it was. Lavender fields stretching out in the horizon, small creeks flowing through them. A massive sun kissed palace rested on clouds in the sky, and the city under it, looked like it was made of gold. "What is this place," she murmured as she took it all in."