The Unexpected Reveal

Start from the beginning

No. Freaking. Mercy!

Looking at that golden and eye-catching splendor, Izuku didn't even need to think about it to know that it was designed to Kaminari's taste. He followed the Beta's instructions and took the lift directly to the seventeenth floor, and made his way to the last office on the end of the level. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Come in." A calm voice answered him.

After entering the room, Izuku felt that his eyes had been granted mercy. Earlier he almost went blind from the obnoxious display of wealth, while this office was decorated in a minimalistic style, tastefully furnished in shades of black, white, and gray. Sitting at the desk was a familiar purple-haired Beta with dark eyebags.

"Hello, Shinsou-san! I'm Midoriya Izuku," He greeted cheerfully, "I'm here to report for duty!"

"Hello, Midoriya-san. From today onwards, I'm your manager, Shinsou Hitoshi." They shook hands.

"You should already know that I wasn't taking on new actors, but now that Tonnac Rebemer decided to retire, Ground Zero needs a new person to succeed him," he said simply, his lavender eyes sweeping the greenette from head to toe. Izuku stayed still, but it didn't make him feel uncomfortable at all. 

The person before him was completely different from Tonnac Rebemer, who was undeniably handsome with unbridled attractiveness. As an Omega, it'd be too easy for him to 'accidentally' get caught in messy gossip and sex scandals. Upon first glance, he looked too plain and ordinary, but there was something about him had an aura of confidence...

Izuku was a bit stunned when he heard his new manager's words; he was going to be nurtured to succeed Ground Zero's previous number one actor? Wasn't this standard a bit too high?

However, the more difficult and higher the bar was, the more excited he became to reach it. Also, it didn't hurt as that had been his goal all along!

"Although we agreed that Ground Zero will aid you in becoming his successor, let me be straight with you," Shinsou coldly said, shuffling papers on his desk, "The test period is six months. If you can't meet my expectations before your time is up, you're out. You'll still be in Ground Zero, but I won't be managing you anymore."

He slanted a stern look at his new charge. "Understood?"

Izuku immediately nodded his head very seriously. "Understood!"

Someone knocked on the door, and an amiable-looking brunette with a bunch of folders in her arms walked in. She paused and looked at him questioningly.

"This is the actor I've arranged for you." Hitoshi explained, the turned to Izuku, "She'll be your assistant."

"Hi, you must be Deku-kun! I'm Uraraka Ochako, but you can call me Ochako!" She introduced herself with a wide, welcoming smile.

"It's nice to meet you!" He smiled back, feeling somewhat awkward, "But my name is Midoriya Izuku. Deku's my screen name."

"Huh? Oh, is that right? But I heard that Shinsou-san called you Deku... ah, I'm really sorry about that!" She bowed in embarrassment.

"No, it's fine if you want to call me Deku. I don't mind," He reassured her with a laugh. Other than the little mix up, he had an overall nice impression of his assistant. Izuku had a good feeling that they'd get along well.

After making their introductions, Shinsou handed him a clasp of keys. "This is the apartment that Ground Zero has arranged for you. You should make a note to move in as soon as possible."

Seeing those keys reminded him of Kacchan's straightforwardness. Holding back a laugh as he looked through the keys, he noticed the name engraved on the cardkey: Just Platinum Hotel.