Chapter 8 - No Ninja Business

Sasuke woke up before dawn the next morning, so when he got up to get ready for the day, he was surprised to find that you weren't in the living room, or anywhere else in the apartment.

"[Name]?" he called, poking his head through every door to look for you. "Are you still here?" When it was blatantly obvious that you weren't home, Sasuke's brow furrowed as he trudged over to your bathroom, looking through the medicine cabinet for a spare toothbrush. Where could she possibly be? he thought grimly, staring at his fresh-out-of-bed reflection in the mirror that hung before him. He was pretty sure it was only six in the morning, half past five at the earliest- you'd never struck him as the type of person to be awake before nine o'clock on your off days, and he felt a wave of worry overcome him.

Maybe she went for a walk? Maybe she felt sick and had to go to the doctors at this time of day? Maybe she got kidnapped?!

Sasuke spat out the toothpaste foam from his mouth, quickly rinsing it out with water. Slamming his toothbrush onto the side of your bathroom sink, Sasuke turned around and made to bolt out the front door to look for you, when he stopped with his hand on the door handle with a groan. He was still in the clothes you'd given him last night, which, surprisingly, fit him perfectly. Although it was only a loose shirt and sweatpants, Sasuke didn't want to be seen around town dressed like an every day person. Internally conflicted between finding you and his appearance, Sasuke shook it off and swung the door open, mentally cursing himself for his ordinary appearance. He leapt off of the landing onto the roof beside your apartment building, and began leaping from rooftop to rooftop as he scanned the area below for any sign of you. It was still dark, but he had a feeling that the sun would be up soon, so he thought little of it. After ten minutes of him frugally scanning the empty streets below, Sasuke's attention was grasped by a figure sprinting. He soon recognised the figure to be yours, and sighed a breathe of relief. Looking at what direction you were headed in, Sasuke beat you to the end of the road and jumped down before you. You gasped as you crashed into him, unable to stop so quickly.

"Sasuke!" you exclaimed as he wrapped his arms around you, stopping the both of you from falling to the ground.

"Where have you been?!" he demanded, holding you at arm's length and skeptically eyeing out your appearance. Your hair was pulled into a high ponytail, and loose strands of hair stuck to your sweaty complexion. You were still breathing heavily, clutching a water bottle in your left hand while you wiped your brow with the other.

"I went for a run! What do you think!" you panted, shrugging his hands off and taking a drink from your water.

"At six in the morning?!"

"Well duh, Einstein," you snorted, clicking the lid of your bottle back down. Sasuke rolled his eyes with a grimace.

"I got worried," he said harshly, giving you a warning look. "Why didn't you leave a note or something?"

"Because I thought you'd be asleep by the time I got back, duh," you laughed, thrusting your water bottle into his hands. Before he could retort, you'd turned him around and put both of your hands on his shoulders, poised to jump on.

"Since you're here, you can piggy-back me home," you grinned, legs already bent. "Ready?"

"I-"

"Now!" With one fluid leap, you launched yourself into the air and latched your legs around his waist, loosely draping your hot arms around his neck.

"Take me home!" you squealed, your warm breath fanning across Sasuke's face. He scowled. "I want you to walk like a normal person- no ninja business!"

"What if people see us?" he said, raising an eyebrow.

"So what? We're allowed to have fun," you snorted, kneeing him to get along.

"We're elite shinobi, [Name], not little kids playing ninja," he scoffed, hoisting you up and beginning to trudge along. "Say, where did you get these clothes from?"

"They're Naruto's, he left them from the last time he slept over," you replied casually, not taking much notice of how suddenly Sasuke had switched the subject. He raised an eyebrow at you.

"Oh? So how many men do you have sleeping over at your place, hmm?" he asked snidely, making you poke out your tongue and hit him on the head.

"Shut up, Sasuke," you sneered. "Just because I get more action than you do."

"So you did sleep with him?!"

"I never said that, baka."

"You implied it!"

"Why do you care?! Are you secretly in love with Naruto?" you teased, poking the now furiously blushing Uchiha in the cheek. "If that's the case, then I'm a hundred percent NaruSasu, man."

You were only teasing, but Sasuke felt slightly angered by your remarks, and he had no idea why.

"No, wait. You're secretly in love with me," you laughed, throwing your head back.

"What? Tch, dream on," spat the Uchiha, leaping onto the nearest rooftop and dropping your water bottle in the process.

"Hey, no ninja business!" you whined, watching as your bottle fell to the ground behind you.

"Hn. I'm the one in charge here, not you. Just shut up and enjoy your ride- this is never happening again."

​"Meanie."