Chapter 50 - Semi-Warm Feet

"Good morning, sleepy head."

You groaned as you stumbled into the dining room the next morning- well, the next afternoon, to be more exact- to see Sasuke sitting at the table with a stack of paperwork. Head pounding as you trudged your way to the table and took a seat across from the raven, you let out a loud moan as you leaned your head on the tabletop, still uneasy from the previous night's antics.

"I'm so sorry," you whined apologetically as you sat up, blinking groggily at the Uchiha. "Did I wake you up this morning?"

"I was already awake when you got home," sighed Sasuke, putting down his pen and looking you directly in the face. "You got home at seven."

"Then why was it so dark?!"

"You were wearing sunglasses." Unable to believe you'd been so foolish in mistaking the time, you lowered your head onto the table once more. "Did you enjoy my bed?"

"What?" you grumbled under your breath, still trying to cease the dizzying world around you.

"You weren't passed out on the couch as I predicted," chuckled Sasuke, crossing his arms. "You ended up passed out on my bed while I was in the shower."

"Oh god, I'm so sorry!" you mumbled apologetically, clutching your head in an attempt to ease the dull thrumming. "I didn't even realise when I got up. I just got out of bed and walked out here to see if you were around."

"Well, here I am," hummed the Uchiha, beginning to shuffle through the stack of receipts and deposit slips before him. "The guys came over last night and took me out as well, though I doubt it was as wild as whatever the girls put you through."

"I barely remember what happened last night," you said with a long, drawn out sigh, closing your eyes. "God, I feel awful. Now I've messed up my sleeping schedule! I'll probably fall asleep during the ceremony tomorrow!"

With a sharp gasp, you immediately sat up and pushed your chair back as you rose to your feet, pulling at your hair with an astounded expression on your face.

"SASUKE! OUR WEDDING IS TOMORROW!"

"Yes, that's why I'm pulling together all the receipts for Yuki," replied Sasuke smoothly, unfazed by your shellshocked reaction. "Doesn't it feel good to get everything done on time?"

"Oh my god, this is it!" Lifting up your hand to your mouth, you began pacing around the table anxiously. "Oh my god, we're getting married tomorrow! What will life be like after that?! Will I still be a kunoichi? What happens if I get pregnant- what do we do?! Do I stay at home to raise the children, or send them to a nursery?! Can I still be a kunoichi?! What do husbands and wives do?! I don't remember anything my parents used to do! What did your parents do?! Do we have to file our taxes differently now that we're married?! We're going to have sex, aren't we?! We're getting married! Oh my god, the Kage are all going to be there, Sasuke! How many of them have you attempted to kill in the past?! Oh no, oh no, oh no...!"

As you rambled to yourself more than to your husband to be, Sasuke sighed and put down the receipts he was holding as you made exaggerated hand gestures while you walked aimlessly around the room.

"[Name]?"

"... does this mean we can't go on any more missions together? But if anything happens to you on a mission and I'm not there, who knows what I'll do?! What if I turn into you and go out and do something bad?! What if something happens to me when you're not there?!"

"[Name]."

"No, no, no. I'm not doubting this plan. No. I'm not getting cold feet. My feet are perfectly fine! My feet aren't cold! They're hot! Actually- no, they're not- my feet are nice and warm! Well, semi-warm! I have semi-warm feet, and that's great! Whew, wouldn't want hot or cold feet now, would we?" You added a nervous laugh at the end of your tirade as you slapped the table, forcing your laugh to continue as you looked Sasuke in the eye. "I'm great! I'm awesome!"

"What did you do last night?" asked the Uchiha with his eyebrow raised, curious as to why you were so jittery all of a sudden.

"I drank until I passed out and then I woke up and threw up on Ino and drank again," you admitted shamelessly, still wrapped up in your marriage doubts. "Okay! No! I'm good!"

"Are you sure?" he sighed, putting down your mood to the previous night's antics.

"Very!"

"You know, it's a bit early to think about children," scoffed the Uchiha, smirking at you as you took your seat once more. "Surely we can wait at least five more years."

"Yeah, yeah, totally!"

"Please. Calm down." With a sigh, Sasuke stood up. "I'll make you something to eat. You're completely out of it."

"No, no, I'm totally cool." Clearing your throat, you added, "Sorry. I just woke up. I can't think this early in the day."

"It's four in the afternoon."

"Well, it's early somewhere else in the world!"

Although you couldn't see it, as Sasuke turned away to rummage through the pantry his smile was one of pure affection. He was glad that you were able to finally air out your held in concerns and worries, as well as come to terms with them without his reassurance.

"Ooh!" You snapped your fingers in the air. "I had a list of baby names somewhere!"

"... we can give it a look in five years...?"

"I'm sorry," you apologised with a huff. "I'm a complete mess."

"That's fine," chuckled Sasuke, pulling out some ingredients before shutting the pantry. "It's understandable."

"Thank you for putting up with me."

"I wouldn't have it any other way."