Chapter 55 - The Unexpected Morning

"... well, well, well. Good morning to you."

You groaned as you raised a hand to your head, feeling your body ache as you attempted to register just what was going on. Sunlight trickled through the window as you found yourself lying face to face with a smirking Sasuke, and all of last night's activities came rushing to your mind as you rolled away from him with an even louder groan.

"Bruh," you sighed, pressing your palms against your eyes as you turned your back on the Uchiha. "God, how many drinks did I have?"

"Enough to get you naked and into bed with me," chirped Sasuke, sounding a little too perky for your liking so early in the morning.

"Very funny," you replied dryly, shaking your head as you made to sit up. As you did so, the blankets slid off of your body and exposed your bare chest- Sasuke's reaction was, to say the least, thoroughly amusing. "Why are you acting as if these titties weren't all in your face last night?"

"They look better in the light," was his simple reply, to which you rolled your eyes and pulled the sheets over your torso.

"Well, there's my last shred of dignity gone," you announced, throwing one hand in the air in defeat. "In the end, I too fell victim to the great and bewitching Sasuke Uchiha."

"Bewitching?"

"More importantly- did we or did we not use protection last night?" you asked, diving under the sheets for any sign of a discarded condom.

Sasuke let out a sigh as you clambered around the bed, looking carefully even though you were certain that in the heat of the moment, neither of you had bothered even looking for a condom. You weren't even sure Sasuke had packed any, considering you had loudly declared to him before you left Konoha that this honeymoon would be "strictly platonic," and he had quite laudably taken it in his stride.

"Well, I'm going to strongly suggest that we did not," clarified Sasuke, earning an even louder groan from you. "But I did, you know. Use other methods. Don't worry, I stayed well away when it was, you know. Time to. Whoosh."

Sasuke ended his sentence by making hand motions, earning nothing but a facepalm from you.

"Other methods?!"

"You know, the one you use when you don't have a condom ready."

"Sasuke, that doesn't make me feel any better! How do you know you pulled out in time?!"

"Well, you tell me. Is your chest still sticky?"

***

"Crisis averted, I'm sure we'll be just fine."

As you and Sasuke sat across from each other at lunch, you pouted to yourself as you took a sip from your juice, unable to believe how hasty the two of you had been last night.

"Right?" mused Sasuke, having been far more calm and collected about the situation than you were. After a lot of triple and quadruple checking, you had finally convinced yourself that you were in the safe zone. However, you still couldn't be too sure, and the thought of an unexpected pregnancy lingered in the back of your mind. "Anyway, onto other matters... how would you rate last night?"

"Can you not ask me that in public?" you sighed dejectedly, laying on the table with one arm as you closed your eyes. "I don't know what's messed me up more, the drinking or the s...shh."

"Is it a crime to say 'sex' in public now?"

"Sasuke."

"Alright, alright. But just in case, when we get back to Konoha let's get you to the doctor, alright?"

You sat up and nodded tiredly at Sasuke, managing to give him a small smile.

"Good plan."

"Excuse me, sir, madam. I have your food ready for you."

You both looked at your waiter and nodded as he placed each of your trays in front of you, before he stepped away and asked, "May I get you anything else?"

"No, thank you," you answered on behalf of you and Sasuke, shooting the waiter a friendly smile.

"Let me know if there's anything I can do for you."

As the waiter walked away, you wiggled your eyebrows at Sasuke.

"But anyway, to answer your question. Last night was wild," you snickered, earning a raised eyebrow from your husband. "Let's do it again some time, why don't we?"

A victorious grin crossed Sasuke's face as he leaned back in his seat, folding his arms across his chest.

"How about after we eat?"

You clucked your tongue as you reached for your drink, shaking your head in disapproval.

"Man, you sure are a piece of work. That being said... why not?"

Sasuke picked up his own drink, holding it up to you as you both exchanged knowing smirks.

"To us. And to you finally coming out of your shell," he said, clinking his glass against your own. "I... ugh. I love you, [Name]."

You momentarily froze.

"I, ah... well, I guess... I love you too."

You exchanged awkward looks.

"Can we agree not to do that again?"

"Agreed. Let's just save it for the pillowtalk."

"Good idea. I second that."