Chapter 3 - Pitch Perfect

Nearly ten hours of anguish later, you were out of your music class and storming your way back home, completely ignoring Sasuke. The next time you saw him in a less angry mood, you swore to god you were going to kill him and his duck butt hair for what you had to go through. It was now eight o'clock, and you'd spent your entire day under the tuition of Yui Tanaka, who'd spent all those hours trying to perfect your singing tone as perfectly as possible. Eventually, though, through using the Princess's voice you managed to sound at least a little decent, and you had no idea whether or not the tips you'd learned and used with her voice would apply to yours. She'd made you sing the same old tune over and over again until every note was pitch perfect, and now, it had thoroughly lodged itself in your mind.

"You have a good voice, [Name]," the middle aged instructor had said. "You just need to know how to control it."

"It'll be fun, he said," you scoffed as you reached the front door of your apartment. "It'll be alright, he said. You're so full of bullshit, Sasuke."

On the other side of town, Sasuke too had just gotten home, but instead of winding down like you were, he was frantically preparing for your lesson tomorrow. He'd requested that Granny Tsunade bar you from any missions for the rest of the week, and reluctantly, she agreed. As soon as he was inside, he was at his desk, the tip of his pen working furiously as he jotted down the day's events into a little notebook.

"Singing... done..." he muttered to himself as he wrote. "Fairly... good. Avoid... songs... with notes... that are too high... or low..." Utilising everything Yui had suggested to him, Sasuke drew up a list basically describing what songs you could and couldn't sing, before turning back to his weekly planner.

"Ugh, dancing tomorrow," he groaned, slamming his face down onto the desk. "Why did [Name] have to be such a tomboy?!"

He went quiet as he replayed your ten hour lesson in his mind. At first, you had refused to even do a simple warm-up because he was in the same room as you, but when Yui threatened to take away your breaks, you reluctantly began to cooperate. The first few notes you'd sung were quiet- you may have been acting all tough and uncooperative on the outside, but Sasuke had a feeling that you were just hiding how embarrassed you were at having to sing in front of him. The thought made him wonder, and he remembered laughing at you when Yui had said you were being too timid.

"You sounded like a mouse!" he'd laughed. And then, you blew him away. In your anger, you managed to belt out the notes of the song Yui had instructed you to sing, with your voice capturing every octave flawlessly. Your voice rose, fell, wobbled, wailed- all in all, it gave life to the song, and had Sasuke completely flabbergasted. Of course, with you being as stubborn as you were, you only pulled off this feat during the last few minutes of the lesson, and ended up storming away as soon as Yui dismissed you. You didn't even say goodbye, which slightly irked Sasuke. But then the sound of your voice melodically floating through the air seemed to fill Sasuke's ears, and slowly, it became a soothing tune which eased him to sleep.

"[Name]..." That was the last word that escaped the Uchiha's lips as he drifted off to sleep with his face on his desk.