9. Lance

Lances POV
Keith scares the shit out of me when he opens the door to the car and hops in. "Fuck Keith you scared me"! I look back at my phone to see my mom had texted me.

Hey lance going out is really expensive, do we really need to go out and celebrate? -mom

I thought we where going out to celebrate. I'm not going to be around for a while, so I thought it would be nice to have like a last family dinner. What about  abuela's restaurant? -lance

We could go to abuela's but do you think she would let's us eat for free? -mom

If it's that big a deal, then I'll pay for all of it. And your mom should give you a discount. -lance

Yeah your right and I couldn't let you pay for your own dinner. But if it comes down to it. We might not go or we might not be able to take the whole family. -mom

Ok then I'll talk to you later mom. -lance

"Who are you taking to"? I hear Keith say. " oh my mom. I might not be able to go to my own dinner later". I try to smile back at him but I can't. " hey lance it's ok. How about we just have a fun day, together. Sound like a plan"? He reaches for my hand and I pull it away. I don't like holding hands not after what happened last time.

" um yeah sounds like a plan". I say nervously. I start to drive off to the restaurant I want to take Keith to before we meet up with Pige. I look over at him and he looks stressed. I wonder why. Maybe something I did. I sigh, yeah probably something I did.

" h-hey l-lance, c-can I as-ask you s-something"? Oh no what's wrong. Keith is usually fine around me. " yeah ask away". Hopefully it's not bad. " are we dating, like real dating. Not the break up in two days dating"? Did I tell him we are dating. Was last night not enough to show that. I even told him I love him, I guess that's not good enough for Keith.

" I thought we were, we don't have to if you don't want to though. You don't have to do anything you don't want to"! I rambled. I hate rambling and I do it often.

"Then may I hold your hand, unless you don't want to". I look down at his hand when we stop at a red light. Just hold his hand, Keith is different. He's not like him. I grab Keith hand and lace are fingers together. Keith squeezes my hand. It's cute, how his hand is so much smaller then mine.

I pull up to the restaurant and park in one of the spots. I look over at Keith, he's in la-la land." Hey Keith...Babe we're here". Keith comes out of his daydreams. " where are we"? I smirk. " you'll see". I grab his hand when we both get to the front of the car. I brought him to my family's restaurant but I'm taking him to see my abuela. I want her to meet him first. I trust my abuela more then anyone and if she doesn't like Keith then no one will.

" ok Keith we are going in to see my abuela. If so people who look like me give you some looks, it's because I'm never around people". Keith nods as we walk in and we push past a bunch of people to get to the back. I can hear my abuela yelling in Spanish.

" hey abuela...can I talk to you for a sec"? I yell into the kitchen. "Oh lance what brings you here today. I thought you were coming later".

" yeah abuela but I have someone I want you to meet". I step aside, to show Keith. He give her a wave. "Aww well isn't he the cutest thing. Is he your boyfriend lance, please tell me he's your boyfriend"? I chuckle

" yes abuela, Keith is my boyfriend". My abuela takes Keith's hands into her own."Lance is a good boy, don't hurt him. I can't see him go threw that again". Keith nods even though he looks confused.

" thanks abuela, I wanted you to meet Keith first. I trust you to make a good decision". My abuela smiles. " of course lance". Then she walks off.

I feel Keith tug on my jacket. "Hey lance when we get in the car, can we talk"? I nod. I already know what we are going to talk about. I don't want to talk about it but if Keith wants to then I guess we are going to talk about it. We walk out of the restaurant, hand in hand.

Once we get to the car and sit down. "so lance what she mean by watch you go threw pain again"? I sigh. "In my last relationship the guy I was with wasn't the best. To put it nicely". I explain.

" my abuela told me that she didn't like him but I didn't listen because I really liked him at the time." I continued. Keith was nodding the whole time I was talking. "He was great until I started to say over at his house. He um he forced me to do some things and I don't really want to talk about it". I say looking away from Keith. I hate taking about him.

" lance I'm so sorry that you had to go threw with that. I promise nothing like that will happen when you're with me". I look at Keith to see him smiling at me. I smile back.

" ok, now let's go see Pige".

Hey guys finished this chapter. Lances so called back story was in this and I think it's ok. I mean it could be better but I'm writing this at 1 in the morning because sleep is for the week. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you have anything you want to have happen just tell me.
- E.R