Home Alone

The morning of 19 December.

It’s cold. Very cold.

Cold enough to freeze you the minute you wake up. That’s me right now. A frozen mess.

I sigh, and get up, not ready at all to start the day.

It’s been a weird couple of months, really. Ever since Zayn and I have been dating in real life, and every single dream that I possibly could’ve thought of had come true, that’s when it started. The actual dreams. I’ve been getting these weird sorts of dreams, and they aren’t very good. You’d think that going out with the biggest name in pop music right now would bring you dreams full of rainbows and unicorns, but reality has something deeper, darker in store. Or maybe, that’s just me.

Right! The dreams. So basically, in these dreams it seems like I’m running, running from something dark and evil, but never making it anywhere. I’m waiting for the day that these dreams – or more accurately, nightmares – seem to end. They’ve reoccurred for the past 3 months. Every. Single. Night.

Like any celebrity girlfriend, I’ve gotten hate. A lot of hate. And unlike any celebrity girlfriend, I don’t seem to give two fucks. I’m sorry, but it’s the truth. I’ve gotten stalked too….long story. But you know what? The weird thing is that I haven’t gotten one word out of Tyler since that altercation. The one in the Hollister store, you know. Guess he isn’t that worried after all. I shouldn’t be so sure either.

Moving on, today’s cleaning day, I assume (according to this note, left by the two bastards of roommates I have). It says, and I quote: “We and the rest of the boys are out at a signing for the day. Take care of the flat and don’t leave it dirty or unkempt. We’ll be back sometime around 2100. Don’t let anyone in the house unless you recognize them and if you do, make sure they know us. Love you xx –Lou and Haz”

Oh, joy. Who do they think I’m supposed to be, their wife?! Well, whatever. If I want to be done by the time that they come back, I better start now…

~

I make myself some cereal and start to vacuum the place until a knock comes to the door. Who on earth could that be?I think to myself. A second knock is placed as I yell, “Coming!” I look through the peephole and I see a man with a blue hoodie, slight stubble and….a ginger? What’s he doing here?

“Who are you?” I shout through the door.

“Let me in, please! I’m Harry’s friend!” The man shouts back.

Harry’s friend? I think. Well, he does seem to know him…

I open the door and say, “He isn’t here.”

“You don’t have to be so hostile,” the man laughs. “I’m Ed, by the way.”

“Taj,” I say, shaking the man’s hand. “What do you want?”
“Oh! Um, a couple of days ago, Harry borrowed something of mine, and didn’t give it back. Could I get it?”
I sigh. “Fine, just hurry with it.”
He rushes into the bedroom, reaches under the bed, grabs whatever he needed (it’s incomprehensible) and comes back to the door. He then says, “Harry took you home last night, huh?”

“W-what?! No! I live with him and Lou!” I say, frantic.

“Oh I forget, you’re Zayn’s girl, aren’t you?”
“Yeah…”
“Oh. Well, definitely nice to meet you then.”
“You too, Ed.” I give him a quick hug and he leaves out.

~

One hour later, I hear a knock on the door again. I assume that it’s Ed, so instinctively, I shout, “What do ya want now, Ed?”
I open the door and I see that it obviously isn’t Ed.

It’s him.

Tyler’s back.

“Missed me, babe?” Tyler says.

And, in a flash, the world becomes black.