The Ride

Author's Note:

Hello lovelies! :3

Sorry if this chapter is really short, I just wanted to get it done as fast as I could. :L

But lucky enough I packed a whole bunch of good stuff in it so I make up for it being short. ^_^

Anyways, enjoooooy! :D

*********************************

My eyes are on him, but my mind is elsewhere.

Him, just him. While he is talking, I start to take in his perfect features. His eyes, his nose, his hair, all of it. 

But now I can't even say that I'm in love. He could be the worst person in the world and I'd still be attracted to him. Right now it seems like my entire set of feelings for him are based solely on looks. And I don't know;  should I have a problem with that?

He snaps me out of my trance, while I am not glad that he does this. "Taj, you okay?" Zayn says, obviously noticing me staring at him.

"Huh? Oh, oh yeah, I'm fine." 

"You sure? You were looking at me like—”

“I’m fine, Zayn.”

“Whoa, okay then.” I just now realized that I had put too much attitude on that. I don’t want to apologise either; hard to get is fun.

“Um, how far is the restaurant?” I ask Liam.

“Believe it or not, Taj, but we’re actually almost there.” I don’t like how much emphasis he puts on my name.

“Well okay then.”

“You’re going to love it,” Niall starts. Seeing I have never been to a restaurant before, this is an act of kindness. “They have the best type food you’ll ever eat, and—”

“We get it, Niall,” Louis says. “I’m sorry for that, Taj, he’s just a little excited. This is his favourite restaurant, you know, and we haven’t been since before the tour. But now, since we’re on break, we can go as much as we like.”

“Oh. Um, cool,” I say, trying to sound like a typical teenage girl. It’s not working.

“We’re here!” yells Harry. Why is there any need to yell? “Everyone get out and do your best to hide your faces.”

“Hide…our…faces?” I ask, genuinely confused.

“Yeah. You know usually our fans somehow find out where we’re going, who we’re with, who’ve we snogged. It’s usually the paps’ fault, but sometimes the fans find out on their own. At times we hide our faces, you know, so no one knows us. Especially with you around now, the fans will—”

“Flip shit, I know. From what I’ve heard, they’ve probably already found me.” I mumble.

“Come on, let’s just focus on getting in there.”

When we walk in, surprisingly only a few fans came up. Of course they ask for autographs from them, and of course they ask who I am. “Who’s this, Harry?” A red-headed fan says, pointing to me. “Nice job, lad!” another one yells. I don’t know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult. “Is she your girlfriend?” the red-head asks again.

I am expecting him to say no, and nothing else. Finally he opens his mouth to speak. “No, she’s not,” Harry says, and I am relieved. But it is when he opens his mouth again that I am confused. “She’s not, but I really want her to be.”

I really want her to be.

I REALLY WANT HER TO BE.

I almost faint.

This isn’t what was supposed to happen.

What was supposed to happen was that Zayn was supposed to love me.

He was supposed to be mine.

Not Harry.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

“Come on, Taj, let’s go sit down.” He says, dragging me along with the other boys over to a table.

But I’m still in utter shock.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

Guess I have to break some hearts to get what I want.