Reyhan Bhai is our dearest cousin but is more like a real brother always the protective one. He is like a shadow to both me and Ziya. His mom Khatija is mom's elder sister and we call her Ma and his dad Asad is  dad's best friend, more like a brother and we call him Pa. Dad and Pa are successful businessmen and now Reyhan bhai too has emerged as a great businessman. We always have lived together as one family. Initially, we all used to live in a Delhi but, later we shifted to Mumbai some 8yrs back as they wanted to expand their business and hence they built their main branch at Mumbai. We all live together as a joint family in this big house. Ma and Pa love us the same way as they love Reyhan bhai and same goes with our parents. Reyhan bhai calls Mom & dad as Amma and Baba. So technically we three have been blessed with two parents.

"Your cousin Mahira's wedding has been fixed in December. We all are discussing the same" Dad replies. "Oh wow!! that's great" I say. "Yes, but first of all you two get freshened up offer your prayers and come for lunch, we all are waiting for you" mom says. "okay mom" we say in unison & run towards our rooms. I change clothes & get freshened up. I offer my prayers and reach the dining room to find everyone else already seated. "Ziya be fast everyone is waiting for you" mom calls out. Ziya comes after two mins. and we all have our lunch, in between discussing about the marriage.

Afer lunch we all went back to the living room when Ziya announces happily trying to contain her excitement "Guys! api  has a news for all of us" I sigh shaking my head, 'tell this girl to keep a secret'  "Yes child what is it?" Pa asks. I happily run towards my room to get my voucher and run back to the living room as I place it excitedly in dad's hands.

Dad looks at it as all of them give me a confused look.."Oh My God!! I can't believe this! you did it!" dad shouts excitedly as he engulfs me in a hug. "Congrats dear I'm so proud of you."

"Ahsan whats happening will you tell us something?" mom asked confused. "Layla, guys, our daughter is the winner of the International Inter-state Art competition.

"She really did that?" mom couldn't believe on her ears.. "Yes! she really nailed it."

"That's a great news. We are so proud of you sweetheart" Pa says, engulfing me in a hug. "Didn't I already say that she will win?" Reyhan bhai announces proudly as he hugs me. "I'm so proud of you teddy" bhai speaks placing a kiss on my forehead.

Later mom and ma together engulf me happily kissing my cheeks. Their eyes shining with pride and happiness. "So when is your trip to New York?"Bhai wriggles his eyebrows as he asks me. "14th Jan" I announce happily. Suddenly I see dad's face turn down.
"What's wrong dad?" I ask worriedly. "Nothing dear it's just that you have never traveled alone and that to a complete foreign land...What if God forbid something goes wrong over there? We won't be there near you jaan..." dad sighs cupping my face.

"Ahsan c'mon man have trust in God he will always be there to protect our daughter" Pa tries to assure dad.
"You do know Asad what I'm talking about" dad  gives Pa a knowing look..

"Baba nothing will happen to her she is not going alone...."
"Yes even Riya is there with me. And one of our school teachers Mrs.Rose D'souza will be accompanying us and we are under complete protection so you need not worry" I interject bhai, trying to assure dad that I'll be fine.

"Okay, If you say so..." he trails off..."Now party time!!" Ziya butts in, squealing happily, instantly lightening the atmosphere...we all laugh at her.."No party this time Ziya, we already had your birthday party last week..so, no more party" mom reprimanded. Instantly her face falls and she turns towards dad making her famous puppy face.
"I can't do anything... High command's orders" he said raising his hands...
I know her next target would be Reyhan bahi...And true to my thoughts she did turn towards him..

With her glistening eyes she pouts,            "Reyhan bhai don't you think it's a big news to be celebrated? It's not like I'm asking a party for me I would care less about myself. It's all for api..I didn't even wanted a party for my b'day.. " I raised my eyebrow at her sweet lie when she continues "okay...okay.. that was a bit exaggeration, but still bhai please..." everyone are trying to suppress their laughter

Knowing Reyhan bhai I know he will never deny that cute puppy face. Heck no one can, except mom and ma, cause they are used to her antics...

Bhai chuckles, "Okay... Okay... The party is on me...You don't need to do more drama, my drama queen" he pinches her cheeks playfully as everyone laugh..

"Okay get ready by 8, all of us will go out for the dinner at ziya's favorite hotel and teddy also invite Riya and her family"
"Yay!! " Ziya claps happily.

Later in the evening we all celebrated my success by going out for a family dinner....

Another chapter guys...enjoy reading.

Please don't forget to vote, comment and like....