Anything but Lonely

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry they should be dry by the morning," he assured her as she took off her socks as well.

He picked her back up as a timer went off. His mom quickly made her way back towards the kitchen to tend to dinner, "All of you go wash up. Dinner's almost ready."

He carried her upstairs and towards the bathroom. Helping her wash her hands as Yosuke and Midorikawa were practically drooling at the smell of his mother's cooking. He noticed that Kamiko was more awake by the time they were at the dinner table. He put her down on the chair with a cushion on it before pushing her in. "There we go. I'll be right back, okay?"

Kamiko nodded and he went into the kitchen to help his mom. They brought out the plates and served them before sitting down. "Thanks for the food." Everyone said before eating.

It was mostly quiet for a bit before Kamiko started coughing. He leaned over and patted her back. "You need to eat slowly."

"It's so good though," she whined as he helped drink a bit of water.

His mom laughed at the compliment along with the others. He sighed as he wiped her face with a napkin. He wondered for a moment how Kazama handled meals with the small girl. 'Did he wait or did he have to help her as well? How did her parents handle this?' The thoughts left as quickly as they came.

"Oh yeah, Kōhei?" His mom spoke up. "Do you want me to prepare a bath for her?"

He shook his head as he took another bite of his dinner. "I'll prepare it. Can you bathe her for me though?" He asked. To which his mom happily nodded.

Once everyone was done eating, He made his way up the stairs with Kamiko. Yosuke and Midorikawa decided to help his mom on their own. He put her down his bed before making his way to the bathroom and filling up the tub. Heading back into the room, he noticed Kamiko was hugging the plushie that Miwa had bought for her. Her eyes were glued to the medium-sized party bag. "I see you noticed the present I got for you," he said. He grabbed the bag and placed it next to her. "Here you go."

He watched as she placed the dragon plushie on his pillow. Slowly pulling the bag down, he chuckled as a bright smile etched onto her face as she reached into the bag. She pulled out one of the shirts. Before he knew it, his bed was covered in all the clothes and blankets that he had bought for her. "There's so many!" She cheered. "The blankets are so soft!" She added as her hand grazed the blankets.

"You like them?" He asked as Midorikawa and Yosuke walked into his room.

"I do! I really do! Thank you, big brother!" She said before jumping into his arms. He hugged her back as his mom walked in as well.

"Kōhei, is she ready?" His mother asked.

"Yes ma'am," he said as he picked out her nightwear. He watched as the two left the room and closed the bathroom door.

"You are such a mother hen," Midorikawa joked as he sat down on the floor.

"Oh shut it," he said as he put all the clothes back in the bag. "It's been a long day and I still have to call Kazama."

"Still determined to get some answers?" Yosuke asked.

He nodded and laid down. "Yep."

He closed his eyes for a bit listening to the two idiots talking amongst themselves. His mind drifted back to when they had arrived at Miwa's place. He'd never felt so unsure about something.

"I'm sorry Izumi!" Kamiko was sobbing uncontrollably.

Miwa was trying to calm her down but to no avail. He was rubbing her back, trying to wipe her face, but nothing was working. He ran over to the small child and pulled her into a hug.