Kamiko's Exploration Part 2

The rain didn't stop, but that didn't stop us from running. Laughing and playing. She gripped the hand in front of her as the boy smiled at her. Bright green eyes met hers.

"Come on Kami!~," he said as he led the way. "Lunch will be done soon!"

Kamiko nodded and followed after him. Running through the bristling bushes, she laughed and picked up the pace. Getting ahead of him as the voices of their parents drifted into her ears.

"We're coming!" Kamiko called out as she ran faster. The boy had ran ahead of her when her parents came into view. She ran faster, but just as she was about to reach them...she tripped. Kamiko pushed herself back up and looked up, hoping her mom would help her. Her heart stopped as nothing but blood filled her vision.

Her eyes shot open as a cool hand shook her a few times. Kamiko gripped the hand tightly as she turned to the owner. Izumi gave her a worried look as she sat up.

"Another bad dream?" he asked.

She nodded.

"Wanna talk about?"

She shook her head.

"Want something to eat?"

Kamiko nodded. She hugged her stomach as the dream ran through her head. It was almost lunchtime in her dream. Izumi ruffled her head as he stood up. "Stay here, okay. Tachikawa and Yu-chan left for a bit. I'm gonna go to the cafeteria and bring you something back," he said.

Kamiko smile and nodded, "I'll keep watch." she said smiling a bit as he chuckled. She waved to him as he walked out of the room. She was alone again. Kamiko wanted to go with him, but she didn't like the thought of having to burden him with her mere presence. Her thoughts drifted back to Kazama and the others. She remembered how Kikuchiara openly insulted her abilities and how much trouble she had caused them. Yet Kazama had still decided to take her with them. Despite all the damages that she had caused them.

The opening door drew her out of her thoughts. A man with shoulder-length black hair walked into the room. She tensed when her eyes met his. Kamiko felt her body begin to shake as the man started screaming and launched himself towards her. Barely managing to dodge the man as he slammed into the sofa. His shouting hadn't ceased as he got back up to his feet. She jumped back and raced towards the door as he raised his voice, "GET OUT OF HERE YOU WANNA BE! YOU'RE NOT WORTHY OF BEING IN THE PRESENCE OF THE NUMBER ONE TEAM!"

Kamiko didn't waste a moment. She dashed out of the room, desperate to find Izumi or even better, Kazama. She ran. Her eyes shut tight as she ran faster and faster. Panting, she looked around. She was lost. All of the halls looked the same. Kamiko tried to listen to anything that could possibly lead to Izumi. Kamiko landed with a harsh thud. She tripped over herself. Pushing herself up, she saw it. Her blood ran cold as her vision went dark except the one white figure. It was in front of her, heading towards her with every heartbeat. She scrambled to her feet, her vision clearing as she bolted away. Her mind whirled and raced as she ran through the halls. Only one thought was clear to her: I need to find Kazama!

Osamu's P.O.V

Osamu couldn't lie and say that he wasn't concerned by the sound of Yugia's screaming. He raced towards the noise as someone else joined in the shouting. When he rounded the corner his eyes widened at a fairly annoyed Izumi and crying Yugia.

"Izumi-senpai," he called out as he walked towards the duo. "Is something the matter?"

"Osamu have you seen a kid running through here recently?!" Izumi asked calmly.

Osamu shook his head as Izumi let out an annoyed sigh. Osamu looked towards Yugia and Izumi hoping to get some kind of answer, but Izumi simply raced off. "What happened?" he asked quietly as the doors to the Tachikawa operator room opened.