Kamiko's Exploration Part 1

Kazama's P.O.V

He sighed as he finished his paperwork. Stretching a bit as he looked over his shoulder. Kamiko had fallen back asleep. He was thankful for the peace and quiet, but knowing that he had to explain how the mission went was another issue on its own. How was he going to explain bringing Kamiko here and how she was involved? He shook his head. He needed to focus on his paperwork first and then worry about Kamiko. He continued typing out his report but stopped when he heard a knock on the door. He didn't answer the person at first. Just getting up and walking to the door. Opening it, he instantly regretted it when he saw Tachikawa, Izumi, and Jin at the door. He let out a breath and let them in.

"So it's true~" Tachikawa said just barely above a whisper. He and Izumi made their way to the couch.

"Where did you find her?" Izumi asked as he sat down a bit away from her. "I thought your mission was simply to retrieve Border traitors. Not to find a lost kid."

Kazama stayed silent wishing that he didn't even answer the door. Though he knew how troublesome it would be to ignore them or to just simply kick them out without answers. "On our mission. She's their daughter." He said.

Tachikawa and Izumi looked confused. Before he could say anything, he was interrupted by another series of knocks at the door. He walked over and opened it. He sighed when he saw the Suwa Unit, Azuma Unit, Kageura, Ema, and the Miwa Unit at his door. He motioned for them to come outside. "I'd rather not wake her up right now." He said. He closed the door once everyone walked out of the room. He led them down the hall as they began to ask him several questions. Even when they knew that he had to report it to the higher ups first.

Kamiko's P.O.V

Kamiko gasped as she pushed herself up. She looked around her heart racing as she desperately looked for her parents. Jerking her head from one side of the room to the next. Her blood had begun to freeze as she realized that this wasn't her home.

Her dream. Kamiko felt her eyes sting as the memory flooded through her. She gripped the blanket as the tears slid down her face. "M...Mommy..." She sobbed as the memories started coming back.

Their screams. The Neighbors.

Kamiko gripped the blanket tighter. She could feel her face heat up as she grit her teeth. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." She sobbed as she lowered her face. They were gone. She failed to save them.

"Hey shrimp, you okay?" A man asked.

She jumped. Gripping the blanket tighter as the man walked in. Her throat tightened. She tried to back away as the man came closer. Her tears raced down her face faster.

"It's okay shrimp," he said as he lifted his hands up. "I'm a friend of Kazama. He and his team had to go out for a little bit. So he asked me to watch over ya. The names Izumi."

He leaned down to her. He smiled and held out his hand. Kamiko's body hadn't stopped shaking. Izumi didn't lower her hand, but gave her a calm smile. "Cat got your tongue?" He asked.

Kamiko took his hand timidly. "Kamiko." She sobbed slightly.

Izumi gently wiped her tears. "Bad dream?" He asked.

She nodded.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

She shook her head. Izumi seemed nice, but her mom always warned her about strangers. She thought about what he said. If he was a friend of Kazama, that meant that he was only half of a stranger, right?

"Kazama was right," he said as he went over to the desk and grabbed some tissues. "You are shy. But then again, I'd be scared too if I was somewhere I didn't know." Izumi added as he walked back over to her. Wiping her tears, he handed her some of the tissue. "Blow your nose. Or do you need me to help you?" He asked.