Kazama Unit Returns With A Child?!

"Did you hear?" One of the female trainee's asked.

"About what?" Her friend asked.

"The Kazama squad returned with a young girl," the trainee said.

"Wait what?! Why?!" Her friend asked. 

It was this simple conversation that made the Kazama squad's return an absolute annoyance. He ignored all the curious looks all of the trainees were giving them. Well he knew they weren't looking at them specifically, but the small girl they had returned with. The trio made their way towards their operator room. They wanted to let the child rest a bit before taking her to Kido for their report.

"Welcome back!" Kaho greeted as they walked into the operator room. "Is that the girl that you told me about?" She asked as she walked over to her captain. 

Kazama opened his arms a bit more. Allowing her to see the small girl in his arms.  He examined her once more noticing how scratched up her face alone was. Her long black hair was tangled and dirtied. "When she wakes up, can you see if she'll let you clean her up?" He asked as he laid her down on their couch.

"I'll do my best. Are you about to go see Kido?" She asked as she placed a blanket over her.

"No, the trainees are being nosy and annoying." Kikuchihara said as their trio bodies deactivated. "They probably have their heads filled with a bunch of stupid theories. It wouldn't surprise me that some of them probably think that she's some kind of secret lovechild." 

Kazama sighed as he headed out of the room. He made his way down the hall to the vending machine. He honestly could care less about what everyone was saying about them. 

"Yo Kazama!"A familiar voice said. "Wanna a fried rice cracker?"

He stopped in his tracks. He knew that Jin must've simply been curious or his side effect might've kicked in. "What do you want Jin?" He asked as he stuffed his hands in his jacket.

"Nothing much. Just heard some commotion about your unit returning. Kido-san won't be back for quite sometime." Jin said as he munched on another rice cracker. "What happened on the mission?"

Kazama sighed as he sat down and grabbed his drink. "Traitors of Border. They had a daughter and they died during an invasion." He said bluntly. He saw no reason to tell jin the whole thing. As far as he was concerned it wasn't really any of his business at the moment. 

"I would've thought that you would have been dropped her off already. Any reason why  you haven't?" Jin asked with his cheeky smile.

"She has a black trigger." He said as he took a sip of his drink.

"Oh?" Jin hummed. Kazama simply nodded and took a rice cracker. Jin chuckled at him as continued on. "Seems like we'll have some rocky days ahead." Kazama turned to look at him as if to ask why when Jin gave him his signature, "My Side Effect said so."

With no in particular being in the hallway, Kazama knew that Jin must've meant that the days for him were probably what he meant. He sighed as he took another fried rice cracker and began to walk away. 

When he walked back to the room he wasn't surprised with the sight in front of him. Kaho was trying to calm the kid down. While Kikuchihara and Utagawa were standing right behind her. He watched as the girl jumped away from Kaho and fell onto the floor. 

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" Kaho asked as she tried to lean down to her.

The kid whimpered and bit Kaho's hand as she tried to back away. Kazama sighed as he took a step forward and shook his drink to get their attention. He kneeled down when the girl noticed him. He watched her stumble on herself as she ran into him, trying to hide from Kaho. "Did she scare you?" He asked. The girl nodded as she clung to his coat. 

Kazama picked her up and gave his drink to her. He looked back to his teammates and noticed the looks on their faces. Utagawa's especially almost peeved him. "What?" He questioned.

"She was crying for you the moment you left." Utagawa said as he made his way towards them.

Kazama didn't say anything. He looked back down at the girl who had buried herself into his chest. He lifted her up and took a good look at her. Her eyes were wide and tears gleamed as her hands reached out to him. He sighed and pulled her back to him before she could start crying again.

"Looks like the shrimp really likes you." Kikuchihara said as he sipped his own drink. 

Kazama nodded as he started patting her back. Kaho frowned as she walked over to him.  "We need to get her treated. Should we go to the clinic?" She asked as she crossed her arms. 

"No point in being overly cautious for a few scratches. She's only crying because she's scared." Kikuchihara said as he walked towards the door. 

Kaho gritted her teeth as Kazama turned to his teammate. "Bring her some food back." He said as the child let out loud sob. He was given a simple wave as Kikuchihara walked out.

"Now that I think about it, what's her name?" Kaho asked.

Kazama propped her up a bit and turned the girl towards Kaho. "Ask her. She needs to apologize for biting you anyway." He said as he looked down at her. 

The girl sniffed as she wiped her eyes. He could barely hear her as she gave her name. He knew the other two couldn't hear her and gave her another look. 

"My name is Kamiko."