Squad 8: Epic Bravery For A Conrad

Shino:

I held my arms out and mummbled,

"Go, parasetic insects!"

Swarms of parasetic insects flew from my sleeves on comand in one large swarm, and out towards the figure known as Hojo. A few insects carried weapons within the swarm

"Ice Style! Spear rain!" Hoji yelled. There was a crackling sound as small, narrow ice spears formed all around Hojo's body. They turned outwards and shot forth, killing most of my insects. I frowned, and made the tiger hand sign. The insects with kuni-knives, which were attatched to paper-bombs, disapeared in a burst of smoke. 

"Hinata" I said with an urgent tone.

"Right" Hinata replied and charged into the smoke. The veins around her eyes bulged prominently, her byokugan had been activated. 

"Juken!" I heard her yell from inside the smoke. I heard the sound of fighting, but I couldn't see. From the smoke came a loud cry and Hinata was tossed back. A flas jumped out, Hojo, he carried a kuni-knife. I jumped down to a lower branch in time to catch Hinata as Kiba slammed into Hojo with his fang passing fang with Akamaru. Hinata coughed and I put her down gently. I noticed a bit of blood when she coughed. Another loud yelp from Kiba and Akamaru reached my ears and the two were also thrown back.

"What is he? None of our attacks are working" Kiba complained, and Akamaru whimpered. Hinata recomposed her and spoke,

"It's the chakra from the basket he's carrying. He's absorbing the person in their's chakra, Yumi" Hinata told us. I nodded my head understandly. Yumi had a quite a bit of chakra, so no wonder he was this strong.

"We need to get the basket away from him" I told Kiba and Hinata.

"Well uh-durrr" Kiba said with a mocking tone. I ignored it though,

"We'll need a plan" I muttered quiet enough for only them to hear my voice. Our voices were soft mutters when we spoke to each other.

"Quite mummbling!" Hojo yelled at us. All of the sudden, and without warning he charged. He was upon us in an instant. We jumped back to a higher tree branch just as his fist slammed through the thick tree branch we'd just been on. Obviously durring our planning he'd taken the time to suck up more of Yumi's chakra. 'We have to finish this. We don't know how long Yumi's chakra will hold up' I thought grimly. I pulled out a thin, near-invisible wire with multiple kuni-knives on it. In an instand I threw them with some of my remaining insects. 

"Secret jutsu, kuni-tornadoe" I muttered. The insects carrying the cord with the kuni-knives spun in a circle around Hojo. I heard the sound of scrapping, and when they pulled back it revealed Hoji to be surrounded in ice. Once more I pressed on with the attack just as Kiba came around from behind with Akamar. They slammed through the ice around him at the same time my insects retreated. Kuni's were thrown, but easily deflected with ice style shurikens. 

"Ha, silly children can't hope to defeat me!" he laughed at us. A few ice shurikens had hit both Kiba and I. I pulled out the bloody shurikens, and tossed them asied. I was breathing hard from the use of so much chakra I used to control the insects. Akamaru was tired, but unharmed thanks to Kiba's brave defenses. 

"Eight trigrams" Hinata began. Hojo gasped, he hadn't sensed Hinata's presense.

"Sixty-four palms!" Hinata exclaimed. Her palms hit Hojo repeatedly.

"Two palm! Four Palm! Eight Palm! Sixteen Palm! Thirty-Two Palm! Sixty-Two PALM!" Hinata finaly finished. Hojo was sent flying backwards, but not very far. Hinata's body quivered from exhaustion. The basket lay open near Hojo.

"You little brats I-" Hojo began. With the basket opened the seal was broken. A dark figure stood up surrounded by a pinkish chakra cloak. Yumi snarled viciously and swung one hand at Hojo sending him flying backwards. He caught her hand keeping lethal claws from sinking in. Instead he flipped her up in the air and slammed her into the ground. The impact created a dent into the ground. Yumi stood up, her body quievering.

"Yumi" Kiba breathed her name. The pink chakra was surrounding her was begining to fade, and the cat-like eye too. Instead it changed to something different. You could see the chakra around her, and it was like a purple flame. Her eyes took on a snake-like look and the puple markings around her eyes were more prominent.

"I'm jussssssssst fine Kiba" she hissed. Kiba looked a bit uncertain, but smiled. 'Yumi was different, but she was back' I thought. 

"Lets go Akamaru!" Kiba exclaimed. Kiba bent down on all fours, and Akamaru turned into a clone of him. In a puff of smoke they were a large, double-headed wolf with long fangs exposed. I threw a long string of kuni-knives, which most were dodged. One was deflected with an ice spear. Hinata made a move and struck. While distracted Kiba attacked with Tsuga.

"Enough!" Hojo yelled. He swung his fists and spun around. Hinata and Kiba were thrown back. The instant Hojo quite spinning he was hit. 

"Orochimaru style: hidden sword jutsu!" Yumi said, her voice muffled. Her neck had stretched slightly and a long sword from her mouth impaled Hojo. He gasped, hands clutching the wound, and he desperately tried to remove the sword. His finaly attempt to remove the sword were futile, and he fell over. Much to great disgust Yumi swallowed the sword. I examined Hojo, looking for vital signs. 

"Well?" asked Kiba. I sighed,

"This is finished" I told him. 

"Good.... because..... I could use.... a rest" Hinata sighed and slumped down on the ground. Her eyes returned to normal as her kekai-genki was deactivated. The battle was over, Yumi was safe again. I could still sense the strange chakra aroudn Yumi. It was.... there was an evil feel in the air, a sense of mischief.

"Well thatsss good. And I-  " Yumi hissed dearily. The feeling of mischeif and evil in the air went away. Yumi's snake-like eyes returned to normal, and the purple chakra aroudn her disapeared. Her body trembled, and she mummbled something to quiet to be heard. All of the sudden she fell forward off the high tree branch towards the ground. A kuni-knife was thrown from somewhere at the ground. It hit Yumi's shadow. Her eyes were closed, but her body seemed to act on its own. She landed on her feet before slumping to the ground. I turned around. 

"Just in time" Shikamaru sighed. He had used his shadow possesion jutsu to control Yumi's unconcious body to keep her from falling to the ground.

"Hojo's dead, and what about the shinobi from the Toshiki Clan?" I asked.

"They escaped" Shikamaru informed us. Pacu, one of Kakashi's summoned ninja hounds was with them. Apparently we were needed back at the village especialy Shikamaru. We returned quickly. Kiba carefull picked up Yumi in his arms and sprinted through the trees with her.

Kiba:

I hit the door in a few places and it swung open. I entered Yumi's apartment which was kept neat and tidy. A small whimper escaped Yumi's mouth, and her beautifull eyes finally. She looked confused, her sight focusing until she could clearly see.

"Kiba" she murmmered.

"Everythings fine" I told her as I gently setting her down on her bed.

"You came after me?" she murmmered.

"Of course I did, so did some of our friends"I told her. She smiled at me,

"Thanks Kiba" she whispered.

"Any time" I replied. I kissed her cheeks and left her to rest. As much as I wanted to stick around, there was work to be down. I didn't tell her, not now when she needed rest, but why Shikamaru had been called. It concered the Akatski and their leader. The village needed to be prepared for battle.